Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zephyr is so overpriced no one is even talking about it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

03-07-2013

It grants a MASSIVE array of stats. Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Movement Speed (a LOT of movement speed), Cooldown Reduction, and Tenacity. If you aren't building critical hits chance, Zephyr is far superior to the likes of Phantom Dancer, which makes it an effective item for bruisers who need the added mobility. I frequently build it on Riven for the unique combination of stats that allows me to build boots other than Merc Treads for my Tenacity.

You don't want to rush Zephyr. You want to build an early Stinger and use it as a primary attack speed item for champs who can make good use of it, then upgrade it late game into the jaw-droppingly versatile swiss army knife of an item that is the Zephyr.

PsychoPJ

03-07-2013

Why would you build it on Riven? AD is weak. She doesn't really need Attack Speed since her autoattacks are mainly for structures and proccing Runic Blade unless you want to use lifesteal often to recover. In which case it's better to just get Ravenous Hydra. You get Cooldown Reduction from Black Cleaver, which also gives Armor Pen and better AD, stats that Riven could use more. Spirit of the Elder Lizard also gives CDR. Alacrity on your boots would be better if you want to go faster.

The only real draw to Zephyr for Riven is the Tenacity. I suppose it can be a situational build if you're going with Zephyr+BotRK against a bunch of health stackers. Even then, it's better to just pick some other champ if you want a melee autoattacker..

awkwardbowman

03-08-2013

Currently on PBE Zephyr has gone through some changes. As of 3/6 it is as follows:
Zephyr
Recipe Change: Stinger + Pickaxe + 725 Gold = 2850 Gold.
When you can purchase Zephyr - it feels great.
However, the 1200 combine cost makes the build-path to Zephyr unnecessarily punishing - so we've decided to simply smooth out the path a little to more manageable components.
Instead of having one huge 1200 gold jump, you know have two smaller 800~ jumps.
From here -> http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03/36-pbe-update.html#more

TealNinje

03-08-2013

Quote:
awkwardbowman:
Currently on PBE Zephyr has gone through some changes. As of 3/6 it is as follows:
Zephyr
Recipe Change: Stinger + Pickaxe + 725 Gold = 2850 Gold.
When you can purchase Zephyr - it feels great.
However, the 1200 combine cost makes the build-path to Zephyr unnecessarily punishing - so we've decided to simply smooth out the path a little to more manageable components.
Instead of having one huge 1200 gold jump, you know have two smaller 800~ jumps.
From here -> http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03/36-pbe-update.html#more

Why are they nerfing Singed's ultimate?

Llanite

03-09-2013

CC cleanse is godly against anyone. I mean everyone.

Such an item needs a drawback, in which case, price. Further buffing would make it another Botrk again.

67chrome

03-09-2013

Quote:
Llanite:
CC cleanse is godly against anyone. I mean everyone.

Such an item needs a drawback, in which case, price. Further buffing would make it another Botrk again.

Zephyr doesn't even have cleanse, all it offers is Tenacity.

And CC Cleanse isn't godly against anyone. CC Cleanse tends to be useful on champions due to the probability you'll run into a few champions on the enemy team with some nasty CC. Cleansing CC is worthless against a wide range of champions - Fiora, Master Yi, Katarina, Gangplank, Graves, Ezreal, Corki. Not to mention you can't cleanse knock-ups, displacement forms of crowd-control, or ground-based CC effects: so Blitzcrank, Alistar, Malphite, Vayne, Diana, Orianna, Darius, Singed, and many more champions don't really care if you have Quicksilver Sash, Cleanse, and lots of Tenacity.

Captain Doomsday

03-09-2013

I think its stats are fine, but I confess that I've moved it down or off of many of my builds because of its inordinate cost. If Tenacity stacked, its price would make sense, but since it doesn't, it really needs a price reduction.

Xela Syab

03-11-2013

I think the real isssue with Zephyr is the fact it's a non tanky tenacity item. People buy Mercs and Ancient Golem so they can survive mage bursts and reduce their cc effeciveness. Been saying awhile they should remove the tenacity from Zephyr and put it on Wit's End and reduce the cost of Zephyr to make it a cdr/movespeed item.

SlappindaBass

03-12-2013

item is bad, bad stats that very few can use effectivly
and the gold cost for the bad stats you get is even bad hahahaha bad bad bad

Keepsake66

03-13-2013

Quote:
The5lacker:
It grants a MASSIVE array of stats. Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Movement Speed (a LOT of movement speed), Cooldown Reduction, and Tenacity. If you aren't building critical hits chance, Zephyr is far superior to the likes of Phantom Dancer, which makes it an effective item for bruisers who need the added mobility. I frequently build it on Riven for the unique combination of stats that allows me to build boots other than Merc Treads for my Tenacity.

You don't want to rush Zephyr. You want to build an early Stinger and use it as a primary attack speed item for champs who can make good use of it, then upgrade it late game into the jaw-droppingly versatile swiss army knife of an item that is the Zephyr.

how does anyone see this as underpowered? If anything, it is overpowered. I watched as i fed my tristana 6 kills early game vs a corki. Corki did nothing but rush zephyr. Even with the huge gold difference, once he got the zephyr, he was unmatched in fights. We could no longer kill him effectively. He outdamaged everything. If anything at all, the price need to go up on this item.