Zephyr is so overpriced no one is even talking about it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iRequiem

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash7 View Post
vayne benefits from atk speed
but still i dont build it on her
it simply sux or could be useful early game
i think maybe if they add mgc resist to zephyr it would be useful [maybe]
and maybe if tenacity is stackable
still mercury boots over zephyr is better choice for me for any champion

but maybe i would try build zephyr early game on vayne just to try it
probably its early game item
If tenacity stacked everyone would build it up just to counter cc which gets stopped enough with 35% tenacity.

Zephyr is a mid/late game item. but of course like everything else its situational.

Hadien

03-06-2013

Zephyr isn't intended for pure ADCs. It has no crit stat and very little AD, just like Frozen Mallet (which ADCs also don't get). Its intended for brusiers/fighters (specifically those without gap closers) that need to close in to their targets. Zephyr has the highest move bonus aside from Sword of the Occult, that along with cdr and tenacity is exactly what fighters (specifically melee fighters) need. The Attack speed is great for those fighters that can make on-hit builds.

Frozen Mallet is great in keeping an enemy from getting away and providing solid defense with the 2nd highest HP stat. Zephyr is the item to let such champions get in range so that they can proc that frozen mallet (and more often due the AS buff it gives), while at the same time granting solid defense in Tenacity and mobility.

This is not an item that you want in the laning phase as it generally doesn't help you farm any faster nor become that much more effective in 1v1s. of course the tenacity helps against ganks but dishing out 2800+ gold for that is a little excessive. This works more as a chase/escape item with the CDR, mobility and Tenacity and you don't need any of those stats till after the laning phase. this is an item designed to make your other items more effective.

I can see this on a Kayle, Udyr, Olaf, Irelia, Xin Zhao, or Volibear. (more so on some than others). This (along with Boots 3) is possibly the go-to item for someone such as Udyr to chase down a kiting Ashe.

Slash7

03-06-2013

wow i do agree i just build zephyr
and the recipe costs 1200 gold
waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for 35% tenacity
way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRequiem View Post
If tenacity stacked everyone would build it up just to counter cc which gets stopped enough with 35% tenacity.

Zephyr is a mid/late game item. but of course like everything else its situational.
riot have armor formula which can be used for tenacity stacking
right now its made with %
it should be made with tenacity points
like if u have 200 tenacty it would give 3 times cc reduction
if u have 200 armor it reduces physical damage 3 times
get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadien View Post
Zephyr isn't intended for pure ADCs. It has no crit stat and very little AD, just like Frozen Mallet (which ADCs also don't get). Its intended for brusiers/fighters (specifically those without gap closers) that need to close in to their targets. Zephyr has the highest move bonus aside from Sword of the Occult, that along with cdr and tenacity is exactly what fighters (specifically melee fighters) need. The Attack speed is great for those fighters that can make on-hit builds.
+700 hp helps u from instant death as most adc would get
angel doesnt provide that protection and has 5 min cooldown where teamfight happens every 3 minutes or even 2

vaigar can kill vayne with 2 spells ^^

once i had to build on vayne frozen mallet, malmortius and scimitar just not to get instant death from leblanc and it worked

Hallagenic

03-06-2013

I find it exceedingly useful on champions in which I wouldn't want to buy merc treads but who can use the attack speed/damage/cd recution. Tenacity just puts it over the top IMO.. its a great item for Quinn.

I've found for her that building, Boots, Static Shiv, Blood Thirster, Infinity Edge, then going Zephyr really puts her over the top, build Archangels at the end really helps boost her mobility and her ability to exit combat. I also really like it on champions Like Kayle if you are building Hybrid, Ashe for more effective Kitting, Teemo if your going AD/AP hybrid, or if you find that you could use tenacity and have already upgraded boots.

Armageddal

03-06-2013

It's primarily a bruiser item... it's core on Irelia for example.

iRequiem

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash7 View Post
wow i do agree i just build zephyr
riot have armor formula which can be used for tenacity stacking
right now its made with %
it should be made with tenacity points
like if u have 200 tenacty it would give 3 times cc reduction
if u have 200 armor it reduces physical damage 3 times
get it?
yes lets all build tenacity so any for of cc now becomes useless. SO in conclusion lets remove tenacity and stuns snares knockups knockbacks silences blinds and every cc in general. DO YOU GET IT!?

200 ARMOR DOES NOT decrease physical damage by 3 fold. if you want to throw out values get the equations right before you use them

Hadien

03-06-2013

actually 200 armor does reduce physical damage by 3, just like 100 armor halves physical damage.

damage modifier = 1/(1 + armor/100)
1/(1+200/100) = 1/3 or 66% damage reduction

Also Tenacity doesn't effect knockups, knockbacks, or suppression

IonDragonX

03-06-2013

The PBE has a buff they are testing out for the Zephyr

The price is staying the same but it gets 5 more AD and builds from a Stinger and Pickax instead of the Long Sword.

SatanicusMaximus

03-07-2013

Just felt like saying this. Tenacity does stack. Not additively, but it stacks. Was in the patch notes not that long ago.

SatanicusMaximus

03-07-2013

Here to correct myself. Seems it only stacks with irelia's passive. My bad. Kinda sucks now that I think of it.