Zephyr is so overpriced no one is even talking about it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trollaccost

03-05-2013

I think that zephyr is a great item in theory, but it is a wasted investment against every other item in its price range. As an ADC (who else would use it) or even a jungler, you put yourself super behind damagewise if you get it early. By the time you might be able to purchase it you are usually needing your defensive item. It is a 7th item in a really long game. I love it, but only buy it in goof off bot games.

S0ftie

03-05-2013

Its strong on attack speed bruisers that like the tenacity. It should be core on Volibear, for example.

Ezreal, and possibly Varus, are the only adcs that use it efficiently.

xGnesis

03-05-2013

Bump I think this item needs to get buffed too

RedxFr0st

03-05-2013

Give better stats or lower gold plz. Prefer lower gold cuz its a good item tho

iRequiem

03-05-2013

theres no problem with the item. the main purpose for this item is for people who are kiters like vayne.

It gives Movement speed and as much tenacity as mercury treads.

MarcusGraves

03-05-2013

the item is actually really cost efficient w/o its passive. stat value is priced at 3689g, only paying 2850 for it

Dzanio

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollaccost View Post
I think that zephyr is a great item in theory, but it is a wasted investment against every other item in its price range. As an ADC (who else would use it) or even a jungler, you put yourself super behind damagewise if you get it early. By the time you might be able to purchase it you are usually needing your defensive item. It is a 7th item in a really long game. I love it, but only buy it in goof off bot games.
You wouldn't get this item as an adc, except maybe on mf; it's aimed at top laners and junglers. The reason it isn't popular is that the items it builds out of are pretty crappy, and don't give a lot of the stats you build zephyr for.

67chrome

03-05-2013

Pretty sure the problem with Zephyr is that Tencity is something you generally want ASAP, and attack speed is something you want on a second or third item rather than a first. So any class that will generally benefit from the tenacity will already have merc treads by the time they need to itemize for attack speed. That, and boots don't really offer anything meriting foregoing Tenacity when it would generally help. Unless you're top lane and want to gain an advantage with something like Ninja Tabi or Sorcerer's Shoes and have to put up with CC heavy champions that mostly keep to themselves until everyone starts grouping.

brinkofwar

03-05-2013

The only problem with zephyr, is crit. all adcs want to build crit making statik shyv, 100 times better then this item (except maybe on vayne botr and zephyr looks pretty op) what it really needs is a cool active/onhit effect to make it viable, or different items with on hit effects that make a onhit/attack speed build more viable.

Slash7

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ftie View Post
Its strong on attack speed bruisers that like the tenacity. It should be core on Volibear, for example.

Ezreal, and possibly Varus, are the only adcs that use it efficiently.
vayne benefits from atk speed
but still i dont build it on her
it simply sux or could be useful early game
i think maybe if they add mgc resist to zephyr it would be useful [maybe]
and maybe if tenacity is stackable
still mercury boots over zephyr is better choice for me for any champion

but maybe i would try build zephyr early game on vayne just to try it
probably its early game item