Is there any way Udyr is viable for laning?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faeorn Ran

11-01-2010

I am curious. I don't play Udyr much at all and have always seen him jungle, or fail hard in the lanes.

Politburo

11-01-2010

it's annoying fighting his turtle stance in an all melee lane. besides that i've got no experience w/ lane udyr

Loki the wicked

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

He does best in jungle.

But if u want to lane because u have a WW or some other reason why u cant jungle. Then I suggest just to boost "Turtle Stance" and maybe buy some mana gear at start.

Turtle stance makes you regain life and mana when u attack creeps. Just be fast to active the shield when enemy is casting some spells on you. They rather grow tired of trying to harass you when there own mana sinking while your own go up and dont get any real damage.

SmashGizmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

11-01-2010

solo mid, turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear turtle bear

wut u gonna do about it?

at least that's what the best lane udyr's I've seen do, lol. I seriously haven't seen a lane udyr since before season 1 though, so yea, that should say something about where he belongs.

Tipzntrix

11-01-2010

Turtle stance makes him a beastly laner. Phoenix is for farming, but you don't get the time to stand in lane like you do in the jungle, so just go turtle + bear IMO.

Sturmhard

11-01-2010

He can be viable if you team up with a ranged champ or a great harasser...... Sona or zilean etc. whereas other melees are a big NONO.

But i dont recommend laning with udyr for someone only casually playing him. It requires a lot more skill than jungling.

Niton

11-01-2010

Udyr is actually a really strong laner because of Turtle Stance. He's just a much, much, much better Jungler.

DoransTroll

11-01-2010

I had to take him up against ranged/mage quite a few times before when my team couldn't handle the constant harassing. Turtle is an excellent tool for walking up and eating hits in the face.