[Guide] Stacking the Deck with Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slīck

08-19-2009

I tried card master today and it amazed me how ridiculously easy this champion is to use. Especially with the recommended items, I was farming end game items like no other champion (trist or karthas) could. There is something too powerful about CM's wild card mechanic, they may have to change it before release. Wild card is simply too strong and its range too wide. Combined with gate, I feel like I'm killing everything on the map, everywhere, everytime. With my team pushing their lanes, I thwart almost all the pushes and gank attempts.

Again, I enjoy playing with him and I hate to use the dreaded n word but he may need more nerfing in the future. We'll see how this patch treats him, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed around CM's spells.

Cyclone

09-07-2009

"Pick a Card – this is the exact opposite of Wild Card. It is unreliable, a waste of mana (that could be spent throwing wild cards), and generally is just plain terrible. Even when you end up getting it, you won’t be using it."

yeah i stopped reading right there, you obviously dont know how to play fate and therefore this whole guide is wrong

Mr Tibbers

09-07-2009

I agree with Cyclone. I won't say that you don't know how to play him, as Wild Card AP is a valid strategy, but without a DPS/Pick A Card build, you just won't have quite the same late game power. It's strong, yeah, but you're squishy. With a DPS build and Pick A Card, I've managed to TP in and kill 2 champions out of three before running away with half health before. I suggest you take another look at the skill, or a DPS guide and try it out IG before you run around smack-talking it.

Watch, it'll own your build some day. :/

Zeyk

09-07-2009

Pick a Card is not especially useful for an AP Twisted Fate. It's very good for a physical build though.

Mr Tibbers

09-07-2009

Did I say it was useful for an AP TF? ._. I just didn't like how he put it down like that. It would be better worded if he didn't call it terrible in general and specified that for an AP it wasn't a good idea. Then I wouldn't have a problem. :/

Faro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

Gentlemen, relax. This guide was written before PaC was fixed and therefor, was useful.

Phyrose

09-07-2009

THis strategy WORKS, 16-3 -10 with it., You rush zhonyas and GG hahaha

Conzeq

09-08-2009

My favorite skill on this guy is definitely Pick a Card. No doubt. And i build him more as a DPS'er with atk speed and Atk dmg. I will try him out as a spell caster one day just to see if he's better that way.
I'm usually like this:
15% atk speed knife
1 health pot
-> phage
-> berserker
-> frozen
-> Infinity
and if there is time or money for more:
the lich bane in atk version forgot name!

Kirmaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

pick a card is avery good skill, since it provides faster push, another slow+more dmg, and aoe stun with even more dmg, WHICH AFFECTS TOWERS! note, not inhibitor tho, but does for all towers, inclusive nexus guard. tbh, there are only 3 situations for fate, and pick is useful in all:
farm/push: more dmg, chance on aoe whack.
chase/gank:slow/stun 2/3 chane to hinder him, coupled with a slow(ult) of you own to get a proc.
flee: on 1v1, the slow/stun will also save your ass if you turn around and attack once at the right moment, and can turn a flee into a chase/gank of yours,especially in combo with other skills. you can also select a card by waiting a bit and not attacking, card color will rotate then.
tbh, pick a card simply rules, and the main problem with fate is choosing between all these pwn skills, and not getting ganked. (clair and ulti are for that, also, teammates)
ofc, i still reccomend wild card first and maxed fast, since the harras potential is great and i've seen many opponents just not dodge for some reason.(bad reflexes? maybe. but they were on max range, and still kept happening after i pulled the trick some times, so they knew the range.)

tl;dr: pick a card pwns also, still take wild card first, bit less gate. CM pwns especially when supported by team to avoid ganks (only deaths)

Aviseras

09-08-2009

Yes, you can go with Pick a Card and late game carry, but I've tried out wild card/gate a few games now and not only can you farm like crazy, you can also constantly gank lanes and then push them, annoying the **** out of the other team.

I had a team with 2 complete feeders (0-10, 0-11) and we almost one solely because the other team couldn't keep up with me teleporting around pushing every lane even though they were super farmed.