[Guide] Stacking the Deck with Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echelon

08-04-2009

played twisted fate a few times recently, money build is AWESOME, this is a great guide. ur points on pick a card are tru and i guess its preference, I like going for some harrassment and a lucky red or gold is always fun

ueberone

08-04-2009

He's an easy mode hero

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

Gross... This is absolutely gross.

I am disgusted with your comment on pick a card. Its buggy but far from useless or a waste of mana

DeadPerson

08-07-2009

Pick a card is very useful, and claiming it as useless ability is a bold statement. Mastering it will take a while, you just need to make a habit on constantly using it whenever it refreshes (if you have the mana/5 to do it along with wild card). You should consider trying a different stance in the battlefield, spamming Wild Card is just half his power, Pick a Card is the other half, and his Ult is great to chase down players.

shortync

08-08-2009

Having put over 50 games in with the CM I can say that pick a card is useless... I'm debating ripping the w key off my keyboard.

My item build:

Boots -> Sorcs boots
Kage's Pick (x1 if I'm farming well... if I'm behind I add another right after)
Meji SoulSteal
Z Ring
Lich Bane

Usually hovering around 630 AP at 18 depending on how agro I've been for the game. The CM isn't the easiest hero to play in this game for sure... he's crazy squishy and requires pretty good map control / micro.

zYn

08-18-2009

How has this guide changed due to the nerf of TF? Is this still a viable build? Also...what is with the new suggested items for him? I'm not sure I see how they fit with his abilities.

I hear they nerfed his AP scaling with Wild Cards, but I don't see that as a complete reason to building up his AP.

Thoughts?

765Immortal

08-18-2009

I used this build earlier today. It worked like a charm. 600+ AP with Nashor. I 2 shotted cyro's egg, one card spam and one auto-attack with lich's bane.

Lightning

Senior Recruiter

08-18-2009

First of all i would stay away from more that 3 +5 gold per 10 items because they take so long to pay off

and second try out a brilliance elixir with mana/hp pots at level 1 it is perfect for getting first blood!

54N94BKNJpxRhyv8

08-18-2009

If you decide to go for the money build, I would also recommend the elixir. It's a good way to get some hitting power in the short run while your cashflow starts to build up. I wouldn't say use it first of all though, since one regen item can let you spam WC at rank 1.

I'm still not totally sure about the money build, as time and again I find that at the crucial mid-game as serious pushes start hitting, you're stuck with a load of items giving you barely any AP.

However, awesome guide, especially the bit about blue pill and teleporting back. You can simply use it as a better way to regen mana. Truly brilliant if you time it between waves.

765Immortal

08-19-2009

Samir, Emissary: The way I think the author is suggesting to play CM is to push lanes all the time, regardless of what your team is doing. So, you don't really need many items for that. 2 Lucky Picks and Sorc Boots give enough AP (around 90) for your cards to almost one hit all the creeps at Level 5 WC.

Basically, the only reason why I won the games with CM was because I was always pushing back creeps. Our first line of towers took a long time to fall, even though the other team had some great pushers. In fact, I went this build against another CM and won. The other CM went Tear first and then end-game had Archangels. Meanwhile, I had Lich's Bane, Zhonya's, and Rod of Ages.

The gold/sec items gimp you early-mid. But, your cards are the only thing that you're worth in team fights. Your ultimate is good, but a slow doesn't really help in team fights if your team can get owned by the other team's champions as far as range/nukes.

Basically, gate is most important. Gate everywhere, push, bluepill home. You will get so much gold so fast its ridic. Plus, you're helping the team with pushing.