Hide 3rd party windows please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rullaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

This is rather a visual issue, but it breaks the feeling about ports to mac every time.

The situation now is that apart from the pvp.net window, we have another League of Legends icon in the dock and a Launcher. From these three windows, only one is actually useful.

Fix for the League of Legends icon is simple as it's not supposed to be used anyway: it's as simple as adding another node to info.plist of it with

Code:
<key>NSUIElement</key>
<string>1</string>
That hides the icon in dock.

Also, upon entering Exposť, the 3rd party support apps have windows running without any content. This shows it well: http://d.pr/YBHE (empty not highlighted window, empty highlighted window and then finally the only needed app, pvp.net).

The fix shouldn't be very complicated. Thanks

Liuhuparta

11-02-2010

I thought, I were the only one annoyed by this, but it happens not to be true. It's distracting to have so many icons in the dock for one game. I also understand the pvp.net and the game itself, but not the others floating there. Best would of course be to have only one icon all the time.

Sheldons

11-02-2010

yeah i hate having alot of windows when i use expose, i like to see the screens bigger, and when that huge blank empty space is there its annoying.