Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regen items nerfed too much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IcySlayer

03-05-2013

I have been noticing in game that there have been alot of people building health items because of the lack/nerf of health and armor items in the game at the current moment. In the S2 there were significant hp/mana Regen items to keep thing diverse like the hp regen on wardens and the mana regen on the fiendish/nashors/ext.

The removal of the regrowth pendent and the mana equivalent also added into this(there is almost no way to replace those items currently without using the unholy grail or warmongers(side note that's one of its main reasons for being popular).

There is so little hp or armor for tanks to try to stay in lane and try to keep pressure on the opposing team. This lack has made some tanks like Rammus and Moaki useless in lane along with many others.

Please Riot bring them back

Comment as you please everyone has their own opinion.

IcySlayer

03-14-2013

bumb

awkwardbowman

03-14-2013

I think it's more because of the hp stacking meta, which means having the flat hp regen does less when you have so much HP.

IcySlayer

03-14-2013

Quote:
awkwardbowman:
I think it's more because of the hp stacking meta, which means having the flat hp regen does less when you have so much HP.

But that's the catch. What I mean is that sense there is almost no hp regen in the game that you have to stack hp to stay in lane.(unless your a carry with a support with heal/life leech)

awkwardbowman

03-14-2013

It's less people stack because there is no regen.

Armor got nerfed, so people build hp. So much hp means the same amount of regen does even less. Damage still does around the same % of life, but regen heals less than it used to.

TheOneMillion

03-14-2013

Regen has potential to be much stronger than health, which is why it was lowered / removed in some cases. Remember, health is a one time thing that doesnt come back in lane (buying 180 health gives you 180 health until you heal, thats it.) so it can be harassed away, whereas regen will keep going in lane forever and will eventually negate the harass you just did. Small amounts of regen is just fine (which is what they have), but big plentiful sources of hp/5 either causes lots of problems early game so that it can be good late game, or is awful and a waste for the lane and not even worth grabbing later on because you need to build up to it.

Xyph has said he is trying to fiqure out a way for tanks and ONLY tanks be able to get some decent strong Hp5 for the late game without turning the lanephase into rush this item then farm, forever.

X4N4T05

03-15-2013

Riot has been nerfing sustain for a while now, i think there trying to avoid games where both sides farm for 30 minutes before they start fighting. Watching my friend in gold 1 play it seems like the lanes never really go into exchange, they just respect the other guys cs lol.

War Wolf 6

03-15-2013

Quote:
IcySlayer:
I have been noticing in game that there have been alot of people building health items because of the lack/nerf of health and armor items in the game at the current moment. In the S2 there were significant hp/mana Regen items to keep thing diverse like the hp regen on wardens and the mana regen on the fiendish/nashors/ext.

The removal of the regrowth pendent and the mana equivalent also added into this(there is almost no way to replace those items currently without using the unholy grail or warmongers(side note that's one of its main reasons for being popular).

There is so little hp or armor for tanks to try to stay in lane and try to keep pressure on the opposing team. This lack has made some tanks like Rammus and Moaki useless in lane along with many others.

Please Riot bring them back

Comment as you please everyone has their own opinion.

morello doesn't like AD champs with lots of health melting his lux so fast so they won't be coming :/