How LP Clamipng works...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

03-05-2013

Hey guys,

I'm a d1 Gold player, trying to move into Plat. It's really frustrating though! I've been winning with a much higher % than usual, starting about a week ago when i was still in Gold 3. After winning 10 straight games in Gold 1, i was at 98 LP.. then i lost a match, and had 81 LP.

What i don't understand about LP clamping is if it's affected by my MMR. Will i have to continue winning 5-10 matches in a row without losing just to qualify (after 95 LP i got 1 LP per match...) or if i keep winning more than losing will my MMR eventually catch up and i'll lose less LP while gaining more?

Mich567

03-05-2013

I don't think you'll lose less and gain more, but if you win more than you lose, you will win or lose something equal probably...

StickyRizEE

03-05-2013

I'm pretty sure it's because of your elo. Elo may be gone but it is still present. Since your elo wasnt high enough for plat.

FreshFuhrer

03-05-2013

Keep winning consistently, I'm not up there myself but I've heard from multiple sources that eventually LP will be worth considerably more for wins than for losses if your MMR rises.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azellos View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a d1 Gold player, trying to move into Plat. It's really frustrating though! I've been winning with a much higher % than usual, starting about a week ago when i was still in Gold 3. After winning 10 straight games in Gold 1, i was at 98 LP.. then i lost a match, and had 81 LP.

What i don't understand about LP clamping is if it's affected by my MMR. Will i have to continue winning 5-10 matches in a row without losing just to qualify (after 95 LP i got 1 LP per match...) or if i keep winning more than losing will my MMR eventually catch up and i'll lose less LP while gaining more?
You'd have to know both your MMR and the system's MMR expectations to be given a particular number.

So the general answer is exactly what you've been getting... Since once you get Plat 5, you can't lose it, the system wants your MMR to reach a certain point before you stop being clamped. Winning more than losing raises your MMR. Keep winning more than losing and you'll get it. For me, going from S1-G5, I won 5 in a row from 86LP - 96 LP, then I lost and dropped to 88 LP. Next win brought me to promo series.