[Sugguest] Lower Divisions ranking up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atsuktuvas

03-05-2013

Today i found out how hard can be to rank up to the next division. I was doing solo que and then met a nice guy so we decided to duo, the match we played was won. So we played 7 games which were 6 won 1loss and for him it was 7 game win streak for me 6. So what happend. The last 4 games he was getting 1LP per game and then we have gotten a team which were flaming, top went afk at lvl 6. He already had 98 LP and that he gained becouse all the win streak. So when we lost he lost 17LP, that wouldnt be a problem if the League system would give more LP for those who are near the qualification for division qualify series. So for now what we need to do to get into higher division. Win about 10 games in a row, then try to win more 3, which is almost impossible for Bronze, Silver divisions becouse i cant get every game a good players that dont go afk, feed, abuse, or just playing really bad. So it would be nice to somehow make the League system easier for low divisions and MAYBE(couse i think its really hard to win 10 in a row in platinum or diamond divisions aswell) for higher divisions. All the thing i imagine like this. Bronze(easy(gaining more LP when near the qualify series(it could be 3-6 points atleast))) then u get to Silver(medium(2-5 points))>Gold(the same as it is now)>Platinum(Hard(for your consideration more chances to get 0LP or the LP gain reduction starts a bit earlier))>Diamond(Very hard(the same as with Platinum just higher chances to get 0 or early LP gain reduction)). So that is all what i wanted to sugguest for you, maybe there is a little chance to see these changes in League of Legends and comment what do you think about this i really want to know your opinion about this. Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your attention.
- Atsuktuvas

Elsabet

03-05-2013

Your English is fine, but everyone is on the same playing field. Therefore, it doesn't matter how easy or difficult it is to be promoted.

TheFakeSit

03-05-2013

Not even gonna bother reading that wall of text.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-05-2013

The thing is that the points you gain isn't based off of your division, it's based off of where you are vs your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR). This especially happens when your MMR is at a certain point and you go on a winning streak. The MMR is basically the law of averages, trying to decide your actual skill level, so if you go on a tilt and win 7 in a row, whereas before you won 50 and lost 50... you're breaking averages. The system assumes you're on a lucky streak and your MMR moves more slowly than your points, which then causes you to gain less per win. If you keep winning more than you lose, however, your MMR catches back up to you and you gain normal points again.

This gets especially bad as you get close to promoting out of a division. I recently had this happening going from Silver 1 -> Gold 5. I just kept winning over 50%, MMR caught up, I got into and through my promo series, and got Gold 5. Then started getting 20+ points per win. My MMR actually shot past my current ranking because I was winning such a high % of my games. It all evens out if you keep winning. Just prove you deserve your rating.