This has been said before.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Im Blind

03-05-2013

Ranked

(This isn't for everyone. Seriously. I've had some incredible nice team players and good players on my ranked games before. Even a first pick saying he'll go support.)
:

I'm 100% sure this has been said before.
In ranked games. I know you like saying "I outrank you/I have a pick before you" in a stupid method of thinking/playing.
Personally I find the lanes to be countered a lot are top lane and mid lane.
(Yes you can be countered in every other lane) but primarily top lane and mid lane are focused on countering since they're 1 on 1 lanes.

I find this part very frustrating. (Personal experiences/rant)

I duo rank with my friend; I excel at top lane. Other lanes I know how to play decently; so thats why I rank. I am ALWAYS last pick. Since i'm the lowest ranking.
Now I know what you're all thinking "You're a noob, get out of ranked" but relax.
I don't care if someone takes top lane. Or mid lane. Or everything else and I have to support. Hell I like supporting. I like being any lane.
But I do like solo lanes more. (personally).

The key to success in ranked isn't "playing which role you do best" it's knowing how to play every role, and knowing the gameplay of every champion.
This means you know how to counterpick.
Now I dislike hearing people say "But I'm the best riven NA top lane!" While this may be true; riven might not be a good asset to your team.

Counter picking isn't just looking up on the internet who the BEST counter is to that one champion; but to the rest of the champions on the list.
So let's say you see "Oh it's darius top lane! I know who counters him! Teemo!"
you play teemo top. Then you lock in; and realize your whole team has no tank.
A better solution would be "Oh it's darius top lane! Who of a list counters darius? Oh Cho gath! Cho gath is good. He's tanky. and he has good CC + damage for team fights."

Let me remind you, THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. A lot of people know how to pick champions. This is for the people who don't know how to; or blindly pick and choose the "best 1v1 solution" or the best "2v2 solution" instead of the whole team concept of being an actual team.
Remember League of Legends isn't a lane game; it's a team game. While you are in lane for the first 10+ minutes, the game does NOT mean "I countered my lane, so why is everyone killing me" it's a team game.

Normals:

For everyone who plays normals. I do applaud you for trying to keep trolls out of the game. But just because someone wants to try a new type of meta/champion build etc. in a real situation this does NOT make them a troll. I got flamed for losing my lane. Literally in a blind pick someone says "gg top lane blows." when I get blindly countered. This isn't a draft game.

Don't report people for losing their lanes (even then that isn't an offense for assisting/greiving). That's only when they REALLY don't know how to play, and that would be "Unskilled player". Trolling a game would mean, going around and doing stupid things like wasting all your money on wards and warding around the enemy tower. So don't spam "troll" when they lose a lane. Another example of a troll is "I'm going top lane" then in game you walk into mid and sit there taking exp/cs.

Again; I applaud the people for trying to reduce the trolls in normals, but honestly, it's a normal game. The world won't end. I'd see more reports in a ranked game than a normal game. I never report normals, not worth the time, since it's not worth anything. It's like someone ripped up your homework, would you cry? No. But if they ripped up your final research paper would you cry? Probably.

For Draft Pick:

Only play this for serious practise for ranked. Don't go here if you want to try new builds. Play this as if you were playing a ranked game. Again, report only those REAL trolls. Don't say "Top lane called top and still lost the lane. gg what a troll." Because that's not a troll, that's someone learning league of legends and getting outplayed by someone better. So this is the same as normals. Don't report unless it's something really stupid. If you REALLY think they're really bad. select Unskilled player.

For AI/Custom:

Simple. This is for fun/learning for beginners. Don't be rude in these places. Seriously, everyone there's only to have a fun time. If you get all competitive in a custom game, I'd honestly be afraid of seeing you in a ranked game where your team is losing. If you get angry/upset in these kinds of games, please, for the sake of everyone else on this community don't play any kind of competitive games. It'll REALLY spoil the humor of the game and ruin the community further.

Final thoughts:
You can downvote me for me mentioning the ranked situations. But don't rank if you want to do whatever you feel like doing. Go and play a normal. You want that LP gain? Be a team player. Seriously. The best games I have won, were where everyone filled in and planned out who counters who.

OR

You can upvote me; and bump this thread. Make sure that people are reading this/commenting on this and making sense of this and coming to the final conclusion that. This is a game. a TEAM game. Not a "I did better than my noob team; going to report them all for assisting enemy team cuz they're noobs and scrubs".

I'm not the only one who shares these views. I just think it'll lead to a lot more friendly gameplay and to a lot more people having a good time and actually enjoying the community more.

huclso123

03-05-2013

Shamelessly bumped

huclso123

03-05-2013

bump

huclso123

03-05-2013

personally i abhor getting first pick, because then if i pick mid (my favorite role) i get utterly counter picked (i.e. cass vs. leb) then some jerk rages and calls everyone a noob for losing. I realize that i shouldn't have picked mid if i had first pick, and i should have traded, but really, i think the higher ranking people should pick last

Mich567

03-05-2013

YOU BE CORRECT.
+1 bro.

PoopMama

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by huclso123 View Post
personally i abhor getting first pick, because then if i pick mid (my favorite role) i get utterly counter picked (i.e. cass vs. leb) then some jerk rages and calls everyone a noob for losing. I realize that i shouldn't have picked mid if i had first pick, and i should have traded, but really, i think the higher ranking people should pick last
Lol gg buttjoobsack****er

Whoa There Betsy

10-28-2013

People at higher levels will tell you that counter picking doesn't mean anything. Best Riven NA didn't get to D1 at age 15 by learning every role either. He did it by mastering riven. He picked riven every game unless it was banned. Not so often did he pick another champion because "kayle counters darius." No.

According to lolcounter.com ryze supposedly counters fizz for example, but you aren't very good with him. Despite this, you pick him anyway and get wrecked in lane due to a lack of skill with that champion. All I'm saying is that countering isn't as important as a player's skill with that champion.