Hiring Experienced Game Designers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adolas Duplicity

03-19-2013

You all weren't half war across the US....

Gifts Ungiven

03-19-2013

@Zileas, Morello, anyone else,

I applied to the E-Sports Player Coordinator position last week. No contact yet from HR, but I'm sure there's a pile of resumes to sort through. I was hoping someone could maybe go into greater detail as to the day-to-day responsibilities of the job, your typical professional / educational experience expectations, and what I should expect should I qualify for initial interview.

I feel fairly confident in my qualifications, but it'd be great to get some feedback, despite this not being your direct department. If you'd like, I can post or personally send you a copy of my resume and cover letter, or I suppose if you really wanted, it is likely on file with HR.

Regardless, thank you for your time.

zlefin

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, Zileas and I will both be at GDC next week. I'm extremely interested in finding a senior person (either quite experienced or Lead material) who would like to take on Live Balance. Many of the requirements for that role would be the same as Zileas' original post.

If you have the reqs and love working on a live game, come find me at the Riot booth - I'd be interested in talking.
I'd love to take on live balance, sadly you don't think i've enough experience; though i've got the knowledge and skills. Ah, the cruel catch-22s.

Rhodyn

03-20-2013

I would like to apply but i am only 13...

I create Single player games using code like LoL

Im Fed Its GG

03-20-2013

Guys stop spamming this thread with useless chat

YMIG Exclusive

03-20-2013

Will graduate with a degree in Office Administration in the fall. Sign me up! I'll sort some records ^_^

p.s. Don't use my chat log as a character reference #TrollFace

Sir Loins

03-20-2013

What if the most qualified person applied but...
They were an armored bear.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Rofl.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We are interested in things like onboarding and game support. The reqs are pretty high as that's an advanced role (turns out it's pretty hard!), but for the right person, there's a fit for something like this.
Here I go, Morello: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3245561 because it might be buried in General Discussion.

CrazyMLC

03-20-2013

I'm an aspiring game designer, and I happen twenty minutes away from Riot studios!

If only I were something a bit more than aspiring... ah well. The woes of life.