About Sheen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawakimi

03-05-2013

I find Sheen to be an interesting item, albeit an odd one.

Sheen gives mana and ability power, yet gives a buff that increases attack damage output for one hit. On its own, I find that strange and contradictory in nature. As it stands, people get a sheen for reasons other than itself. Sheen is nothing more than an interim item, and I find that unfortunate.

If the idea was to make it a hybrid item, I suggest altering the recipe so that it gives Attack Damage on top of its current buff, making it provide both AD and AP, foregoing its mana increase. That way, in essence, the item would synergize with itself nicely. As it stands, the damage you get from its buff yields arguably less damage output than just buying an attack damage item in the first place.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

The mana increase is there because it requires the use of skills to be useful.

In other words, it gives champions the mana to use abilities while requiring them to for it to be useful.

67chrome

03-05-2013

If you added AD and AP to the recipe it would screw up Iceborn Gauntlet and Lich Bane's offered attributes though - it would also make Sheen more expensive, and it doesn't need to be.

As it stands, most hybrid items tend to only be good on a select few champions as well, were Sheen manages to be useful on just about anyone.

Akira Kid41

03-10-2013

Core item on Taric, especially now that his passive scales off of mana. Sheen + Spirit visage = op.

Zarzak

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawakimi View Post
I find Sheen to be an interesting item, albeit an odd one.

Sheen gives mana and ability power, yet gives a buff that increases attack damage output for one hit. On its own, I find that strange and contradictory in nature. As it stands, people get a sheen for reasons other than itself. Sheen is nothing more than an interim item, and I find that unfortunate.

If the idea was to make it a hybrid item, I suggest altering the recipe so that it gives Attack Damage on top of its current buff, making it provide both AD and AP, foregoing its mana increase. That way, in essence, the item would synergize with itself nicely. As it stands, the damage you get from its buff yields arguably less damage output than just buying an attack damage item in the first place.
I'm going to disagree with this one. Shaco can snag a sheen and just sit on it the whole game while building himself out and with 1 relatively cheap item boost his burst from deceive as well as provide him mana to not rely on blue so much.

Krosan

03-14-2013

Sheen early is core on several characters. Nasus and Gangplank definitely like it; AP Ezreal usually starts by rushing a Sheen, too. It's still useful on several other characters, even if you're not rushing Iceborn or Triforce.

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Essentially the point of it having AP is so it isn't broken as hell. Also, the passive scales off of your Base attack damage - therefore adding any AD to it wouldn't make it synergise with its self any more than it already does. Its fine as-is.