Is queue dodging acceptable etiquette ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laiina

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
World of Warcraft had this problem and added a 15min timer for leaving games
World of Warcraft also implemented a Vote Kick system to coincide with the 15 minute timers.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
Think I've dodged 2-3 times in 1600 games. Just played a game with a shaco, tf, zilean. Should have been my third dodge.
lets me tell you how bad it has gotten me and a friend Qued together, he said ok guys ill be support i advised him on skype because he had first pick he should take Fortune for me and ill take soraka or taric for him with last pick.i was playing ADC, when he picked Fortune the room went crazy didnt even let us explain we were swopping just que dodge, we laughed for 30 minutes at how retarded SR has gotten and havn't played a game in it since only 3v3 and Dom's Que dodging is making SR ranked ridiculous, have to almost go thru the same process of banning 3 or 4 times till it sticks and i think if there ranked teams who have an extra guy que dodging and swaping him(i really think this is what happens sometimes) for someone else the whole team should have a 5 min delay not just the player who left. cause they can wait till the other team has a crappy comp and then play the game. this is what they used to do in WOW to get Warlord rank and they added the 15min que dodgetimer.

there were so many Crappy players who had the Warlord rank and were lead to beleive they were so amazing at pvp till blizzard banned them a few months for doing it, i remember when our warlord came back i dueled him with his Warlord PVP gear and beat him and he tryed to blame it on being ruster, while i had greens and blues. the point is your not gonna get better as a player unless you play in tough hard earned wins, ranking up means nothing if your playing bad players to do it only to go to a tourney and be the laughing stock of the tourney.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiina View Post
World of Warcraft also implemented a Vote Kick system to coincide with the 15 minute timers.
Yea i wish we can report players for being volitile during the picking proccess who que dodge, like it should ask the team after they que dodge, a message saying who left and a report option or a dismiss and they can review if it was or not, or just not allow a certain ammount of que dodging in a day like 5, if you que dodge 5 times you should not be able to play for 24 hours.

Veni13

03-06-2013

I'm usually a purist when it comes to a lot of game things, but dodging isn't one of them. Unless you literally have no other commitments other than playing LoL, I'd say it's acceptable to dodge a horrible comp/players. Not everyone is down to waste 20 minutes on a game with a predecided outcome.

I'm not even sure why some people consider it a bad thing. At really high elo where you're waiting for 30+ minutes for queue to pop, I'd understand (but then, people there know what a team comp looks like, not to mention how to play, thereby almost eliminating the need to dodge). But if it's a 5 minute wait for the queue to pop...what does it matter? Or is it the principle of the thing? And if so, what is it about dodging that's 'unethical'?
That being said, I rarely dodge, and try my best to communicate with my team what kind of champs we need. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-06-2013

I dodge when I see particular players.

ricedream5

03-06-2013

Not dodging teaches you how to carry games. I only dodge when i see Thresh - my skills won't ever reach the level necessary to carry a Thresh.

EL BARBERO

03-25-2013

I say yes, especially when the other team rapes yours unless you want to stay in elo hell forever.

Panzerzs

03-27-2013

Meh, I mainly suck it up if I recognize a kass spammer on my team or a bad player. (I dislike both types of players since they never listen to the tips I give them and repeat mistakes, and the fact that kassadin on my team doesn't make a game fun)
-If I do recognize someone I really really hate, then I'll dodge, BUT these people I hate are ppl I have blacklisted that are level 28-30 with under 50 dom wins going revive ghost that somehow got into my games. The dodge is the for the sake of them not getting mauled by 5 2k elo dom players with 5 revives knowing the dom mechanics.

NamKim

03-27-2013

Queue Dodging is something you should use your better judgement for. It is different what should be considered queue dodge material.

If you are absolutely competitive and queue dodge because your team didn't pick the OP champions, then queue dodging is heavily frowned upon.

If you and others have strong and reasonable suspicion that someone on your team is there to troll and intentionally make everyone's experience in the game terrible, then queue dodging should be acceptable.

Since I know someone will bring this up, only you can decide if someone picking Kassadin is acceptable. I cannot tell you what to do in that situation, use your better judgement.

Birthday Deluxe

03-27-2013

I generally don't dodge unless the team comp is very obviously bad and I'm not in a good enough mood to deal with the stress level that it will put me at. For the most part I only dodge when I recognize someone who will drain the fun out of the game even if we win. Playing with someone who has a bush league attitude isn't worth it, even if their skill level is elite. I'd rather do worse with a team I can communicate and have fun with. Yes, I can just mute, but to me that's like putting a band-aid on a severe head wound xD

In a similar vein, I generally never dodge when I see someone I recognize who isn't as good as me, even if I know they won't be receptive or are just at their ceiling and can't improve their technical skills any more. I derp around in about half of my games and could be a lot better if I weren't lazy and didn't rage (at myself, not the team) so much, so it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to be like "You can't play with me because you aren't as good."

So I guess I think it's situationally acceptable.