Is queue dodging acceptable etiquette ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baleofvale

03-05-2013

Admitting: I've done it few times in Dom bec I don't see any other way to fix team selection process.

Torkable

03-05-2013

Is there a reason not to?
If you're so desperate to play you can't sit out 5 minutes to avoid 20 minutes of frustrating gameplay you got problems.

FOODFOOD

03-05-2013

Maybe I'm just a purist (or masochist) but I don't think queue dodging is acceptable ever in any game mode.

baleofvale

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
Is there a reason not to?
If you're so desperate to play you can't sit out 5 minutes to avoid 20 minutes of frustrating gameplay you got problems.
I agree with this. There are some comps that are really really really terrible. Thinking, "we'll do good anyway!" is wishful thinking and not realistic. I would prefer some kind of system where people can have some say or vote on team comp and/or opp team ban. But that doesn't and is not going to exist for dom.

Weeks1

03-05-2013

When you play solo queue, there are things that can't be taken for granted, like people knowing whether the team comp is unbalanced (or even having the means to make it balanced). If you dodge, you may be denying your team the ability to work it out. If they're trolling or unwilling to communicate, you can always report them and everyone will thank you for it.

That said, I've dodged plenty. Sometimes I don't feel in the mood to make up for glaring flaws in our team. But I try to keep it at a minimum, since I believe that's just part of solo queue, and most of the time I get good comps/people willing to communicate.

weezcake

03-05-2013

I've never dodged a game. Ever.

I can't possibly be in the minority in thinking that it's not acceptable to dodge in any game type.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezcake View Post
I've never dodged a game. Ever.

I can't possibly be in the minority in thinking that it's not acceptable to dodge in any game type.
i have won Dominions with all AP ranged , all tanks, no tanks, some people just need to get off there highhorse of thinking there so smart they can determine the outcome based on the limited knowledge of knowing your 5 guys and not knowing the other team(as dominion normal is, i think 100% for ranked games Q dodging should drop your ELO significantly, World of Warcraft had this problem and added a 15min timer for leaving games, your not good if you Que dodge because having bad teamates is a sign of leadership and even great pro players say that is the biggest thing to work with your teamates and if there picking champions there comfortable with your chances of winning go higher.So how good are you if you Que dodge all day just to get a tanky group and win that game when i won 5 or 7 in that span with various makeups and picking what we need to make up for imbalances(no tanks i tank, to many tanks i ADC). if you can only win 1 way your a 1 trick pony.

Foxley

03-06-2013

I like to treat every game as a potential challenge.

Being queued with people who have no idea how to create a workable team composition or even take useful summoner spells = MAXIMUM CHALLENGE

So yeah, I never dodge. Only reason I'd dodge is if I got a phone call or had some other out-of-game incident occur.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxley View Post
I like to treat every game as a potential challenge.

Being queued with people who have no idea how to create a workable team composition or even take useful summoner spells = MAXIMUM CHALLENGE

So yeah, I never dodge. Only reason I'd dodge is if I got a phone call or had some other out-of-game incident occur.
i actually only que dodge when i as usally que me solo and not my teamates lol.

if your que dodging to increase your chance of winning your just lying to yourself! Also every Summoner spell is useful if a player wants to select them he probably has a good reason, it suits his playstyle or he wants to counter the enemy, example i use Exhaust and Ghost in dominion, Exhaust counters AD champs and it also counters ghost wich is used alot in Dom. you have no Idea how much **** i take for using ghost in 5v5 or 3v3, i have been told flash is better or it offer the same so why not choose flash, but this is a downright lie, watch videos of pros one guy flashes thru a wall to save his life but the enemy uses flash too, still dies, flash can not catch ghost and flash can not run to far from someone with ghost, it's just a Gimmick move that i dont like to use, mostly because how good is porting thru a wall to escape if your enemy can too. i usally go ghost/flash just so i dont hear QQ from people in Classic mode. never am i happy with a move i can use 1 or 2 times in a match vs my ghost wich is used when the cooldown is up to assit ganks and be uncatchable when im close to death

A Slime Appears

03-06-2013

Think I've dodged 2-3 times in 1600 games. Just played a game with a shaco, tf, zilean. Should have been my third dodge.