Summoners go to extremes to force you to dodge ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mearna

03-05-2013

I don't really understand why people do this. Hi, I recently turned level 30, and I've only been playing League for a couple months. I'm still figuring everything out. I've had people do weird things to force other team mates to dodge, but today was one of the most extreme scenarios I've been in. Long story short, someone on my team threatened to assure that I would be banned for choosing Evelynn top (If you're wondering why I chose Evelynn, 4 of my mains were already chosen, banned or used for the wrong lane, and Evelynn was the last champion I am proficient in) and said I was "refusing to communicate" despite me asking to be support, mid, etc. and then asking where I was needed to go. He repeatedly used obscenities against me until I had to dodge because I did not want to deal with this for 40 minutes.

What's one of the most confusing/odd situations you've been in champion selection?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Stop playing ranked if your champion pool is too small.

Stick with normals for awhile, get more IP for champions, runes, and rune pages, and learn more about the game before you return to ranked - that will help you alot. Without that, you'll do what I did and plummet to 750 MMR.

In games where people do extreme things to dodge, I simply let them know that I won't be dodging, and if they troll in the game, I'll just report them. Usually, they end up dodging.

However, in this case, since you're the one doing something questionable due to your extremely limited champion pool, you probably don't have the leverage to convincingly do this, which is why I gave you the advice above.

Forchark

03-05-2013

Although you aren't mentioning this, do what you want and don't be afraid. So long as you aren't being reported every game, when someone like that reports a lot, RIOT actually notes it in their server and investigates. Lots of people get banned for overreporting or reporting needlessly.

And you choosing who you want isn't refusing to communicate. All champions can take on all champions. Its how you play. For some reason, people think the meta is part of the user terms of service, when it is not.

Mearna

03-05-2013

I dunno, I'm just a pretty tender person. I'm one of the few higher level female summoners that play and I'm a little tired of people raging and all CAPS-ing obscenities at me instead of cooperating.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Higher level? 30 is the starting point of the game. You're clearly still very new if your champion pool is limited enough to be causing the problems you described.

That's not to say people aren't toxic - there are, however, changes you can make to mitigate that toxicity. One of them is playing alot longer before you attempt to play Ranked.

Mearna

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
... You're clearly still very new if your champion pool is limited enough to be causing the problems you described.
... One of them is playing alot longer before you attempt to play Ranked.
How very encouraging.

Sereg Anfaug

03-05-2013

I'm serious. I'm not trying to discourage you in general, but I would caution against playing Ranked so early.

I did it myself, so I know from personal experience - it's not a good thing. If you want to play Ranked with your current champion pool, runes, etc., by all means, go for it. But don't be surprised when people are upset at your inability to fill certain positions.

Ada Wong

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearna View Post
I don't really understand why people do this. Hi, I recently turned level 30, and I've only been playing League for a couple months. I'm still figuring everything out. I've had people do weird things to force other team mates to dodge, but today was one of the most extreme scenarios I've been in. Long story short, someone on my team threatened to assure that I would be banned for choosing Evelynn top (If you're wondering why I chose Evelynn, 4 of my mains were already chosen, banned or used for the wrong lane, and Evelynn was the last champion I am proficient in) and said I was "refusing to communicate" despite me asking to be support, mid, etc. and then asking where I was needed to go. He repeatedly used obscenities against me until I had to dodge because I did not want to deal with this for 40 minutes.

What's one of the most confusing/odd situations you've been in champion selection?
No you will not get banned for playing evelynn, well they might troll report you and try to get you banned if the game goes bad, ive had this happen 3 times in the past however this was because the Tribunal is a failure and not actually a ban by riot sometimes people do not read everyones chat properly or understand trolls baiting and or the situation with a sound mind.

The amount of trolls in both ranked games, and solo/normal games right now is pathetic every game I have got in the last 48 hours has been a game with trolls who refuse to communicate champion select I say (SOLO LANE) they instead refuse to give it so im stuck farming creeps/jungle for like 30 minutes barely even getting caught up in levels and by then its GG and we loose because the others suck horriable. The number of toxic trolls at the moment is high people refusing to listen at all.

Riot needs to give us better support like a way to leave without a penalty in situations like this because of the fact I can't dodge 3 games in a row when for example they refuse to let me solo lane because their mind tells them oh this AD ranged cant solo has to go bot and we loose the game because of some douce.

Sereg Anfaug

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadaDragonFlower View Post

oh this AD ranged cant solo has to go bot and we loose the game because of some douce.
Uh huh. Solo top with an ADC. Right. We're done here.

Sorry OP. Ignore the troll and move on.

CreeperYnnead

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Uh huh. Solo top with an ADC. Right. We're done here.

Sorry OP. Ignore the troll and move on.
Guess the meta is written in the summoners code now and bannable if not followed

just remembering the days where you'd be called a complete idiot if you went ap mid