Why can Lux ult not be CC'd?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

After gathering energy for half a second, Lux will fire a broad and long-range beam of light in a line that will instantly deal magic damage to all enemies in the area. Any enemies that already have the Illumination debuff have it ignited for magic damage, then re-applied. While casting, Lux does not feel pity or remorse or fear and cannot be stopped unless killed.

shppy

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arai Kitsune View Post
Final Spark and Trueshot Barrage are not channels, the cast time is to give you a chance to dodge. The only way to interrupt them is to kill them before the ult finishes.

see, what I find funny about those two abilities is: their tooltips BOTH include the word 'channel'. In Lux's case it just says "channels a dazzling ray of light" or something to that end, so it's not entirely clear, but in Ez's case it straight up says "channels for 1 second".

Gee, kinda seems like they *should* be channels. Or those tooltips *should* be changed. One of the two.

Given the strength of the two abilities, I'd say they deserve the former. But at the very least it'd be nice if the behavior matched the description

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippiekillerVX9 View Post
Personally, I thought that was the point OP was making.

People whine about Vi's ult not being stopped by CC but many other ults are the same way.
See, Vi's ult makes her immune to CC. Lux and Ezreal will still get CC'd, their ults just won't be interrupted. The same thing happens with almost every spell that does not involve channeling, with the exception of only a few movement abilities. Another easily noticed example is Caitlyn's Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shppy View Post
see, what I find funny about those two abilities is: their tooltips BOTH include the word 'channel'. In Lux's case it just says "channels a dazzling ray of light" or something to that end, so it's not entirely clear, but in Ez's case it straight up says "channels for 1 second".

Gee, kinda seems like they *should* be channels. Or those tooltips *should* be changed. One of the two.

Given the strength of the two abilities, I'd say they deserve the former. But at the very least it'd be nice in the behavior matched the description
The tooltips should absolutely be changed.