Being jerks to jerks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Ive started doing this, the other day I had a few games where I did better than the player who was calling everyone ret*rds and using slurs ect ect, So I shut them up really quick, The first game I was just trying to be friendly and made a comment about how some champions are robots and some use what seems to be automatic weapons in some skins, and gangplank still uses a flintlock pistol, right away this player called me a retarded and "Im the dumbest effen player he ever saw" for 5 minutes straight that's all he did even typing in all chat saying how "Dumb" his team is, so once i had a higher K/D then him, I started treating him like he treated the rest of the team. Most players think if you have a low k/d that means you're a noob, I don't personally think this but since 95% of the fan base thinks this I got away with saying it.

If i get banned because of being a jerk because the fine people at the tribunal only want to read whats in purple its worth it. Im getting sick of one bad player putting down the whole team and then spamming "REPORT THIS F***ING RET*RDED TEAM OMGGGG" in all chat. I think players should be allowed to stick up for themselves, just like if this was real life you're not going to let some bully push you around, you're going to stick up for your self. Example; if you were out in public and you had a son, daughter, girl friend, wife, old parent or whatever and some jerk comes up and starts bugging them and then hits them most of you would hit the person that hit your family member even if it means a fine. I cant imagine what would happen if these teams of five were together in real life and they were forced into a group in a zombie apocalypse it would be hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUnburned

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gNarNar View Post
Example; if you were out in public and you had a son, daughter, girl friend, wife, old parent or whatever and some jerk comes up and starts bugging them and then hits them most of you would hit the person that hit your family member even if it means a fine. I cant imagine what would happen if these teams of five were together in real life and they were forced into a group in a zombie apocalypse it would be hell.
Well. That escalated quickly. Seriously though, just be the bigger man and let it go. Mute them. It's not really helping anyone to try and outdo the guy's insults. And he's not going to learn the error of his ways suddenly, just because somebody decided to call him a few bad names back. He might even enjoy it, if he's just trolling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

03-05-2013

downvotes for me thinking players shouldnt have to deal with bad players who type in all caps in /all about how about their team is doing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

03-05-2013

So, to be realistic, 95% of the fan base thinks its reasonable and appropriated to type in /all and talk about other players?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreestyleKneepad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-05-2013

When I'm angry and don't feel like validating their hatred or risking the Tribunal I revert to third-grade insults. Nothing confuses and defuses like telling someone they're a boogerbreath dummyhead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnburned View Post
Well. That escalated quickly. Seriously though, just be the bigger man and let it go. Mute them. It's not really helping anyone to try and outdo the guy's insults. And he's not going to learn the error of his ways suddenly, just because somebody decided to call him a few bad names back. He might even enjoy it, if he's just trolling.
They are "insults" more like proving them wrong with a smile, or saying things like, "better luck next time" or "hey, you might want more practice with that champion but what would i know, I a ret*rd right? and you're pro".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIexanderNW

Member

03-05-2013

OP is a real man

just like me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuentinWarden

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Honestly, the problem should be evident in the post's title

Being a jerk to a jerk doesn't really stop the whole jerk problem, it just makes another one and drags you down to the level of the person you hate so much

Feel free to have fun with the childish tantrum throwing *******s, or ignore, report, and move on with your life


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HippiekillerVX9

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gNarNar View Post
So, to be realistic, 95% of the fan base thinks its reasonable and appropriated to type in /all and talk about other players?
No. But the majority of people think that immature retaliation is just as toxic as the original offender.

"Two wrong dont make a right" and all that.

I have been on teams where one person started acting a fool and another retaliated. No good comes from it. In those instances I usually try and get at least one to see that the bickering needs to stop. If not I will normally mute and report both. Why? Because they are negatively impacting my game, im sure they are having an effect on the other players as well. Not to mention each other.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gNarNar

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippiekillerVX9 View Post
No. But the majority of people think that immature retaliation is just as toxic as the original offender.

"Two wrong dont make a right" and all that.

I have been on teams where one person started acting a fool and another retaliated. No good comes from it. In those instances I usually try and get at least one to see that the bickering needs to stop. If not I will normally mute and report both. Why? Because they are negatively impacting my game, im sure they are having an effect on the other players as well. Not to mention each other.
Mmmmm.....maybe its my fault, i dont really mean give them a tongue lashing, I more or less mean telling them to just shut up and play the game, or how about we all stop talking? but alot of people can see that as being a jerk. Ive said jerky things like "no one cares" or "This isnt a chatting game" but that's implying that any back talk is "jerky".