Hit 30 a few weeks ago.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExplosiveTruth

03-05-2013

I did one ranked game the day I hit 30, and went 10/7/10 as jungle fiddlesticks and since then I haven't done any ranked because I was told not to do rank until I get 500+ wins.

I only have 152 wins I believe, and a lot of it is Bots / ARAM / Dominion.

But I really want to play ranked, what do you guys think, is it worth while to play ranked or should I just keep doing normals?

MicKretz

03-05-2013

theres no rule that says you have to have X number of normal wins.....thats just somebody making up some rule they THINK is good

once your 30 you can play ranked whenever you want providing you have the 16 champs (ofc u do cuz u played one)

Personally, you want to know all the roles in case you get stuck NOT playing what you MAIN as....other then that...good luck to you and have fun

Worst Yasuo Bot

03-05-2013

if you feel you are ready to play in ranked then id say go for it but if you dont then id say practice some more maybe find a good duo queue partner for when your ready adapt to your duo queue partners playstyle and perhaps crush ranked and get into a good placement

ExplosiveTruth

03-05-2013

I'm pretty good at most of it, save jungle, I can never pull off ganks.

Worst Yasuo Bot

03-05-2013

Then i would recommend going to normals and practice your jungling a little bit.

CiT0

Master Recruiter

03-05-2013

there isnt a set number of wins i will say if you can consistently hover around 100ish CS at the 20 minute mark in multiple lanes it should be good enough for the silver level and have about 1 or 2 champs for each lane and play them well or a champ that can play multiple lanes such as nidalee.

also have at least 2 supports you can play not named blitzcrank

shycadet

03-05-2013

Yeah dude, play ranked whenever you want. The new point system might help with all that too. If you are great the next couple of ranked game, I'm sure you'll be placed in silver. After that, it might get a bit higher.

Either way, it's your game bro. You want to be one of those ranked players that poop on normals when you occasionally play them, go right ahead! The ranked play is hard as hell for me, but when I do get in normals after a ranked game I go around dominating everything for the first couple of games. Then I start to lose the smarts and start playing like a normal noob again.

Lol, ranked is a great way to start learning the game in levels that everyone doesn't take the time to try to. So, it's up to you.

PoisonedPeace

03-05-2013

Play ranked.

No matter how many games you play before you hit ranked, it is still a transition. The play styles are different, the champ picks are different, and everything is just different. It will probably be an adjustment from normals so getting used to normals isn't going to help a ton.

CiT0

Master Recruiter

03-05-2013

Once again i highly reccommned playing normal drafts until you are around 100cs cnosistently in all lanes their is not much of a difference between the rank, if you start ranked when you dont have a full grasp of the game you will be stuck in bronze level / bottom of silver 5 for a long time.

the only time i would reccomend starting earlier is if you are duoing with a friend which will make the game easier or else you will be back on the forum posting a thread about how you cant carry feeders and how you play well blah blah you see all over the forums

anddandand

03-05-2013

Play draft? Obv.