How to make ADC's viable in 3's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempotantrum

03-05-2013

Take vayne for example. I rush Botrk and boots. Was thinking trinityforce would be very good....but than im stumped. I know i cant go typical adc build because ill get destroyed.

Nsx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempotantrum View Post
Take vayne for example. I rush Botrk.
i think you just made every champion viable.

Nikratos

03-05-2013

AD carries are viable. They just fall off late game against bruisers. If you're playing ADC or APC on Twisted Treeline, you need a <30 minute.

Mrdinglbry

03-05-2013

vayne is great in 3s if u have strong cc tank champs like ammumu and lee sin

Always MIA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikratos View Post
AD carries are viable. They just fall off late game against bruisers. If you're playing ADC or APC on Twisted Treeline, you need a <30 minute.
Hmm ADCs falling off late game.

That one is new to me.

Leayrn

03-06-2013

Yeah, ADC's are pretty viable. I love to run TT with Tristana, with her end game range and rocket jumps, it's a bit insane on the tighter map.

Demacry

03-06-2013

ADCs on TT are more about what the individual champion can bring than what the role fulfills in the late game. You can do standard ADC builds and win but due to the very short laning phase and the ever present threat of teamfights what a champ can bring to the fight level 4-8 with 30 cs is much more important the what they can bring level 12-18 with 200+ farm.

Vayne with BotRK is an excellent champ for 3s with the right teammates. I like to run Caitlyn with an early Brutalizer and Last Whisper so her Q just shreds in teamfights. Ez with Iceborn Gauntlet is a kiting/poking machine. Draven in the jungle is a devestating proposition with just a little AD post level 6. And even as much as I hate playing her Ashe can ensure kills and control entire teamfights with her slows (the only time I've ever dominated as Ashe though I had a Garen and we both got Black Cleaver so the synergy was good). Honestly just about every ADC has somethign unique they can bring to the fight.

Yago Xiten

03-06-2013

The problem isn't so much that ADC are unviable, it's that any team composition featuring less than two bruisers or tanks runs into problems

As most bruisers are physical damage, armor and ADC hate items are pretty high priority and can really ruin their day.

To top it off, if you do take an AP to try and balance out your damage types a little better, having two squishies on your team really makes it difficult to survive the early game and 3v3 snowballs hard. Kind of why the 2 Brusier + AP is the best team comp strategy on 3v3.

That said, it's possible to run ADCs fairly well if your team has an AP bruiser like Cho'gath.

Demacry

03-06-2013

Please stop spreading this nonsense about "needing" 2Bru+1AP to do well. I'm not going to deny it is a very strong setup but constantly making claims like this is the only comp that works will set invisible walls for new players who would otherwise be open to expirimentation and finding their own solutions. It's wrong to begin with and it's detrimental to a budding playerbase, stop it.

That being said there are certain champs with strong zoning/peeling potential that will make running a standard adc easier. Cho'Gath and Leona are great picks but so are standards like Renekton, Riven and Vi.

Yago Xiten

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacry View Post
Please stop spreading this nonsense about "needing" 2Bru+1AP to do well. I'm not going to deny it is a very strong setup but constantly making claims like this is the only comp that works will set invisible walls for new players who would otherwise be open to expirimentation and finding their own solutions. It's wrong to begin with and it's detrimental to a budding playerbase, stop it.

That being said there are certain champs with strong zoning/peeling potential that will make running a standard adc easier. Cho'Gath and Leona are great picks but so are standards like Renekton, Riven and Vi.

It's /not/ wrong that it's commonly considered to be the all around best strategy. It's fairly commonly knowledge, actually. I did not say it was the only one, I did not say it is necessary or unbeatable. You seem to believe I have. You are vastly misrepresenting what I have said, and I'd appreciate it if you left the politician tactics out. It ruins legitimate debates.

Every champion you listed is a bruiser or a tank. Thank you for proving what I'd originally said.