Bracket system sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackalPappy

03-05-2013

Why on earth am i a silver player but am always stuck on teams of bronze players which lessens my chance of winning by like 60%

Jetstream417

03-05-2013

Because you're not actually a Silver Player.

You're a Bronze Player who was bracketed into Silver when the new system started.

Then, noticing your loss ratios, the system fixed itself to make sure you play with people your level.

Your chances of winning are not reduced in the slightest. They're the same they've always been.

Everyone you play with is in your same range. You just got put in the wrong tier.

Shadeykris

03-05-2013

Your League placement (silver) is not your match making rating. You get a rank permanently, but that doesnt mean you ARE that rank permanently, for purposes of matchmaking. What if someone got Plat and tanked their rating, afking and trolling every game... Should they still be matched with Plat players forever? No, thats not really fair.

So tl;dr you are silver, but your MMR is probably bronze.

More:

LP gain / loss is based on... well it compares your League placement with your hidden matchmaking rating (MMR, formerly Elo). If your MMR is higher than your League, it tries to move you up faster (more points). If its lower, you get clamped (less points). Some threads for ref, and more to do with LP gain/loss:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3084419

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3081991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaen View Post

So, just for my clarification when I try to explain this.

If your MMR is approximately equal your league placement, you should be seeing similar LP gain/losses (Other then the tier clamping) per game.

If your MMR is higher then your league placement, you should be seeing large win values, smaller loss values, as its trying to move you up.

If your MMR is lower then your league placement, you should be seeing low win values, high loss values, as its trying to move you down.

Roughly speaking, that is, I know there are conditions on division/tier steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
This is roughly correct. And based on my experience the clamping is minimal if your MMR is approximately equal to your league placement, as I gained 15 LP from 85 LP after hovering around 90 LP. I'll let Yegg handle the specifics though.
As long as you win more than you lose, your MMR will go up. As long as your MMR goes up, eventually you will be able to go up in Leagues. Bc if your MMR gets ahead of your LP, the system will give you bigger gains to help you get there.

JackalPappy

03-05-2013

well thats just stupid so this whole bracket thing is just a mask i see so what your saying in order to be up where i should be i need to make a new account

Jetstream417

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trousersnakes View Post
well thats just stupid so this whole bracket thing is just a mask i see so what your saying in order to be up where i should be i need to make a new account
I feel like you didn't read anything we just posted.

JackalPappy

03-05-2013

i did but how are you supposed to win if the people you play with dont know the game hance the reason of my last post

Shadeykris

03-05-2013

You dont have to win every game, you just have to win more games than you lose. And that's on you, not the people you play with.

If you drop your MMR below where you believe you belong, through losses, you'll be playing with AND AGAINST people who are less good than you. So then you will have an easier time winning. If you win more, your MMR will go up, and the LP system will give you more LP points to move you up in Leagues faster.

SteelReign

03-05-2013

Quote:
No, they're saying your just as bad as the bronze kids you're playing with. Making a new account would actually hurt you, because you'd more than likely be placed in bronze league, not silver.

Jetstream417

03-05-2013

Quote:
i did but how are you supposed to win if the people you play with dont know the game hance the reason of my last post
You already brought Quinn out in ranked and she's been out for less than a week, and fed (surprise).

I'm pretty sure it's not the other people in your games bud.

SteelReign

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream417 View Post
You already brought Quinn out in ranked and she's been out for less than a week, and fed (surprise).

I'm pretty sure it's not the other people in your games bud.
I went 3-0 my first 3 ranked games as quinn with a 3:1 KDR. The problem is with him, not the champ (Quinn is an amazing ADC).