What are the game-changing junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nemö

03-05-2013

So I'm curious. In your experience what are the most dominant junglers? I'm in a low ranked division right now and most people don't know how to play the role correctly. It has so much aptitude to be high-impact. That being said, what champs can forcibly influence and direct a game?

Lately, I've had success with Hecarim. He can clear well enough and his ganks pre-6 are good with a well time E. Moreover, and in my opinion, his ultimate allows him to be what I call a "game-changer." You can escape almost anything, ensure kills, and most importantly have a huge impact on team fights. If timed correctly, it can turn the tide of many battles. I play him as a support tank.

I'm posting because I'm looking to the jungle as an alternative for when I can't play adc. I want to have as much impact on the game as I can - carry without playing a bottom lane carry.

What should the goal of a jungle be? Is it more effective to support or to be high dps/anti-carry?

I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

There isnt really such a thing of a "game changing" jungler. Malph and amumu have their ult's but the jungle is still lacking in EXP and Gold.

Good team work that capitalize on ganks is more important.

deirin

03-05-2013

i actually dont see trundle or rengar much

TGC Sir Auron

03-05-2013

Voli-****ing-bear!!!!!!!!!!

Nemö

03-05-2013

I know it all depends on the player, but a strong jungle can make or break a game. I guess what I am asking is what are the jungle champs, in your experience, that have caused the most problems for your team.

Dalek Hal

03-05-2013

The "Game Changing" Junglers are only game changers up to mid game, unless they get uber fed and just become unkillable while dishing lots of damage.

From what I have experienced and jungler that has the ability to root, stun, knock back, or other wise cc whoever they are ganking is going to be a "game changer" early game. Your goal as the jungler should be to let your laners get as many of the kills as possible. If they are getting the kills they will be getting more and more ahead of their opponents which will make a snowballed lane possible in your favor. The more lanes you do this for the better.

So I would say these junglers are some of the ones that have that ability:
vi
maoki
hecarim
lee sin
xin
etc..

Nemö

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Hal View Post
Your goal as the jungler should be to let your laners get as many of the kills as possible. If they are getting the kills they will be getting more and more ahead of their opponents which will make a snowballed lane possible in your favor.
That's how I've been successful with Hecarim. His ultimate does wonders.

Could Nautilus be used in a similar sense? I never see him either..

Dalek Hal

03-05-2013

Absolutely. I have seen him jungle before and his ult is a phenomenal gank tool, if you can land his grab/pull it also makes his ganks pretty solid.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-05-2013

If you're looking for someone who can really provide killing power to take out the carries and turn the fight in your favor, I'd recommend someone more of an assassin like Zed or Fizz. They tend to be highly mobile and slippery, so with appropriate positioning and someone else engaging, they can quickly reach the back lines and tear up a squishy before using their tricks to get out.

Personally, I also like the tanky support CC junglers, so I've played a lot of Nautilus and Skarner in the past, right now mostly on Amumu, Xin Zhao and J4.

Dalek Hal

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMGTURTLE View Post
Personally, I also like the tanky support CC junglers, so I've played a lot of Nautilus and Skarner in the past, right now mostly on Amumu, Xin Zhao and J4.
All of those also have great ganks