What is the incentive to play ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meteoria

03-05-2013

Is there really any point at all to playing ranked if you work hard to win a series and advance but then in the next teir you get no lp.

I get why they make it that way.

They want it to be so you have to deserve you ranking so you cant be carried.

However the problem is if i am only a little better than the people im playing with it is not possible to just carry myself out.

In the lower teirs you have to be REALLY good to get out of there not just a little better,

You cant improve your skills playing against the same level of people either.

When i do well i should be rewarded by going higher when i do bad i should be punished by going lower.

I shouldnt win one game and get nothing and even if i win five games it doesnt matter cause when you inevitably lose one game you go to zero.

Not one person can win every game.

I dont have the skill to win every game in bronze 5 even if i am a little better than most of the people i have faced so far.

It isnt even about skill in bronze 5 its about luck. Theres a leaver in almost every game or a troll. It takes a string of luck for someone whose only a little better to get out of bronze 5.

Then when you do you are punished for it. You cant keep going higher. You win 5 lose 1 win 5 lose 1 win 5 lose 1 and you go back to bronze 5. Then you have to get another string of lucky games to get out again. In otherwords if its down to having more wins than losses and youre only a little better than those you play with and you have to get lucky to advance, what is the point of even trying.

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Your internet ***** gets bigger the better you do.

Meteoria

03-05-2013

I dont knwo what your trying to say.

Strilter

03-05-2013

i play it because its nice getting competent adcs when you main support and just about anyone playing ranked adc at least understands the basics

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

03-05-2013

Well you can get a high league rating for a free skin when they give them out.
You could want to go pro and doing good in solo que is a decent first step in taking competitive strides.

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

I wanna be the very best...

Kr1sys

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzcastic View Post
I wanna be the very best...
Like no one ever was

LSA

03-05-2013

My first 9 ranked games that were also my last all had either trolls or people who were too stubborn to fill. After those 9 games I just came to the conclusion that ranked isn't for me. People either take it way too seriously or don't take it seriously at all. I don't see an in-between.

Meteoria

03-05-2013

But to get those rewards you have to be able to go up.

When its not possible to go up its like slapping you in the face and laghing at you to offer something like that.

Indica

Recruiter

03-05-2013

Unless I'm playing with 2/3 friends, or playing a new champion I exclusively play ranked.

It's just more fun when there's the competitive incentive, and I find that ranked players take the game much more seriously.

I don't understand the incentive to play normal (unless you're testing something new out). Ranked gives you ranking, which potentially gets you a cool skin and a border at the end of the season. More importantly I think it makes you a better player. Too many people derping around in normal games makes the victory seem worthless.

You don't necessarily have to carry to move up in a ranked game. You just have to be good enough that you tip the balance of your team over your opposing team. If you can win just 55% of your matches you'll move up. You don't have to dominate every game. Just be that little extra factor that makes your team slightly better than the other and over time you'll rack up more wins that losses.