Should the GP10 passive be moved from Shard to Eleisa's?

Yes 59 78.67%
No 16 21.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Move GP10 passive from Shard to Eleisa's Miracle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGnesis

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallagenic View Post
I think.. in that case you would have alot of none support build into it early just to reap the passive benefits throughout the game.. ur a jungler need some sustain.. grab it.. now you have more gold for the whole game.. ur a solo top.. well philo is a great sustain item top.. build it into elisea.. now you have more free gp5 plus sustain.

I'm ashame I didnt think of this LOL gg,,, solotop forever income xD Season 2 all over again zz..

Armageddal

03-06-2013

I like the idea. It might be a tad too powerful (so Riot might want to nerf the other stats a bit), but overall it would be a nice buff to supports, especially late game, since it would essentially give them 7 item slots, and considering supports always need to have a slot for warding, having that extra item would help a lot.

A ruby sightstone isn't enough for warding anyways... I usually find myself having a ruby sightstone and another free slot for all other warding purposes.

Quote:
I'm ashame I didnt think of this LOL gg,,, solotop forever income xD Season 2 all over again zz..
That's a possibility, but given the price of the item being 1260g, and the stats not being that useful to top laners, I don't think it would be a wise choice, since it would set you too far behind in your regular item build, causing you to lose your lane.

TheUnburned

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallagenic View Post
I think.. in that case you would have alot of none support build into it early just to reap the passive benefits throughout the game.. ur a jungler need some sustain.. grab it.. now you have more gold for the whole game.. ur a solo top.. well philo is a great sustain item top.. build it into elisea.. now you have more free gp5 plus sustain.
Yes, but would you be willing to set your build behind by 1100 gold just for those stats? Even with the bonus GP5, it would take a while to get that money back (you can't sell it either, since it's absorbed). It simply seems too expensive as a GP5 item to be particularly worth it, in MOST cases on non-supports. Which actually would make it a great, balanced item. Some top laners, some junglers, and most supports, would want this item given the right situation.

The reason GP5's were abused in S2, is because they were insanely cost-effective for their stats, considering that they also had the GP5 passive and could be built into useful items later in the game. Eleisa's isn't nearly as useful late game for non-supports, since it has nothing to build into and can't be sold back to the store. It's more expensive than simply building HoG or Philo Stone was. Just doesn't seem as likely to be abused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnR Gnesis View Post
I like the idea, but it cannot be stackable with another philo after the item has been consume. It will still retain its Unique: Transmute so you cant buy another philo for extra gold income.
I'm pretty sure this is how the passive-absorbtion of Eleisa's is supposed to work anyway (hence why you can't stack its unique "Aid" passive). It's an entirely different mechanic to the game that could probably be used in future items.

Corey Tud

03-06-2013

I really really like suggestion. A lot.

PiplupFtw

03-06-2013

bump

Wezz

03-06-2013

why not both?

TheUnburned

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
why not both?
Well, if Riot ever implemented this, they very well might keep it on both. The point was that they originally did that to Shard in order to give Supports an option to keep their GP10 for the end-game. But the problem is that they added it to an item that has limited benefit taking up an item slot. Simply put, skilled players don't buy Shard so that they could keep the GP10, they buy it because they want the active for when the situation calls for it. The GP10 is just an unnecessary benefit to buying it. Hence, I'm saying that the item this passive SHOULD have been given to is Eleisa's. It just makes more sense.

3mptylord

03-13-2013

I disagree.

Both should have it.

Shard of True Ice is already unpopular - removing the one feature it has would kill it.

Eleisa's Miracle should also keep it when it's "absorbed". No mastery requirement. Just because. So what if bruisers "abuse" this? It's hardly abuse if It eats into their Giant's Belt money for 5 gold per 10 seconds (it's 900 gold every 30 minutes).

TheUnburned

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
I disagree.

Both should have it.

Shard of True Ice is already unpopular - removing the one feature it has would kill it.

Eleisa's Miracle should also keep it when it's "absorbed". No mastery requirement. Just because. So what if bruisers "abuse" this? It's hardly abuse if It eats into their Giant's Belt money for 5 gold per 10 seconds (it's 900 gold every 30 minutes).
Well the idea is that you could remove the feature of Shard in favor of some buffs to it that are actually more useful and fit the item better. But it is an interesting question: at what price point Bruisers won't be able to abuse the GP5 benefits?

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

I see two issues present with this idea - abuse of Elysia's Miracle by other roles, and nerfing Shard which is already underwhelming.
So, if you want to spruce up Elysia's Miracle, how about adding this to it:
Unique Passive: You gain 15% bonus xp for 3 levels.

What would this do? For starters, it adds to the items unique feeling of being level based - creating a short time of quickly catching levels. This would be a great help to an under-levelled support mid game, while not doing much if you are ahead. Sure, a bruiser could buy this in lane - get a level higher than their opponent - but the trade off is 1100g they could have spent on health, damage or resistances instead of some minor sustain buffs. It would create a niche for the item instead of compounding it into the "Generic" box. And, after you had your burst of levelling, it disappears, meaning you can't just rush it and get stupidly far ahead. Indeed, buying it as early as possible would give no benefits other than levelling a single wave faster than your opponent around level 7-9. While it may need more help than this, it would be an amazing start for it.