xerath on tt?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

opcow

03-06-2013

I played one with a killer xerath. I think the dude running him was pretty skilled tho. Seems like he'd have to be to perform that well, and I wonder if one of the higher tier picks would have done even better.

Demacry

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by opcow View Post
I played one with a killer xerath. I think the dude running him was pretty skilled tho. Seems like he'd have to be to perform that well, and I wonder if one of the higher tier picks would have done even better.
Obviously a lot more testing is required but I think xerath has the potential to be high tier, he feels like an Annie with her stun ready all the time and range; and on the noob front he's actually not that hard to use. The biggest skill difference IMO is going to be decided by positioning which can be greatly improved by your teammate and communication.

AndersMMO

03-06-2013

Alright here it goes;

I 4-0'd with him last night to win every game I ran him including one against his oh-so-infamous kassadin match-up.

Honestly the guy plays like a missile launcher but is arguably the most position reliant champ I've played on the gametype outside of maybe Syndra.

His lane phase feels pretty weak in terms of making kills happen. Because, even with ganks, any half decent player will recognize you moving up for the E and see that as a sign to back off a bit because, assuming you're not suicidal, there's no other reason to zone up. On top of that if you're playing against someone who can CC you even at W range like Lux or someone with a long range GC like Nocturne or Vi, you're in deep trouble until mid-game and need to force 3 man pushes ASAP otherwise you'll just get ganked whenever you're not under turret.

In contrast to that though, if you get him to his 3rd+ item and into team fights, pressing R feels like firing the Death Star. The amount of output you get late game is absolutely bonkers and the way I built gets your Q to a 3 second CD so it's pretty sustained as well.

I was building him
Amp Flask HP Pot > Chalice > Grail > Sorc > Guise > BFT > Cap > Void Staff

You end up with just shy of 200 armour late game so if you never fall behind (even if you don't get fed) your positional reliance becomes less and less extreme as time goes on.

I won't get into the particulars of comboing his skills as it's pretty self evident.

I'll test him a little bit more but the initial signs are good as long as you keep him in comp that can peel for him until 2nd item and can force midgame early on.

Demacry

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersMMO View Post
Alright here it goes;

I 4-0'd with him last night to win every game I ran him including one against his oh-so-infamous kassadin match-up.
Thanks for the great write up. His laning phase damage seemed pretty potent to me with just the low ap count of Morellonomicon and masteries. I never really ran into a mana problem due to the aura and small size of the map so it felt like I could control the lane pretty well early on with just extra CDR.

Which do you think is more potent early on, power ap or cdr? (I'ma give ap openings a run today but I like hearing other input too)

FitzChivalry

03-06-2013

ya thanks for the input everyone