xerath on tt?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FitzChivalry

03-05-2013

Just want some opinions of him. He takes ridiculous positioning to make him work well but his range on tt is sometime just silly.

Demacry

03-05-2013

I'm actually really surprised I havn't tried him on TT before... lol now I'm gonna be looking forward to that while I wait for work to be over. Do you know if you can snipe people in top lane from the health relic stand?

FitzChivalry

03-05-2013

you can ult the **** out of them and use q

Demacry

03-05-2013

Haha you may have found my ap version of Jayce. I love sniping people from the middle of the map; the ganks you never see coming.

FitzChivalry

03-05-2013

bump for more opinions

AndersMMO

03-05-2013

I'll test it tonight and get back to you as soon as I can.

I played quite lot of Xerath in S2 so mechanically I'll be fine, I'll see what he's got with the new items though.

FitzChivalry

03-05-2013

thanks a bunch. I have recently started playing him again because i got bored and have been doing quite well. just in normal's though.

Yetti

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersMMO View Post
I'll test it tonight and get back to you as soon as I can.

I played quite lot of Xerath in S2 so mechanically I'll be fine, I'll see what he's got with the new items though.
Whats the verdict my friend? Tons of damage, but a serious lack of mobility, requiring extremely precise positioning?

Demacry

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Whats the verdict my friend? Tons of damage, but a serious lack of mobility, requiring extremely precise positioning?
From the games that I played last night he plays just how I wanted, a disgusting amount of poke and zoning power (also the ability to ks everybody post level 6).

I think I got really lucky in that most of the comps I played against were bruiser centric with little range or poke so I was in my happy place. I had my CDR runes on +another 4% from my masteries, after I got a Morellonomicon (first item I went for) I had 34.5% cdr at like level 4-5 so his q cool down is only just a couple seconds long. I really thought I'd have more problems on TT with having to tether myself to the ground but with the cdr I was able to use it constantly and reposition safely .

I ran him on bot every game and I had no problems at all even in 1v2 scenarios. It's so hard to miss his abilities with how narrow the lanes are and the extra range from his w meant I could dominate teamfights in the enemy jungle while practically standing on the health relic.

His e+q/r stun kept me alive in a lot of situations I would of lost as most other champs (had a renekton and leona tower dive me, yay free double kill). To be honest he played a lot better than I thought he would. I am going to chalk up a bit of my success to some really lucky compositions I faced in blind pick but all in all I think he has a lot to bring to the fight; with proper positioning and enough cdr he's a glass cannon with enough range to be viable.

edit: how far from the mark am I Yetti (I'm sure you have some golden wisdom to impart on us)

Yetti

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacry View Post
From the games that I played last night he plays just how I wanted, a disgusting amount of poke and zoning power (also the ability to ks everybody post level 6).

I think I got really lucky in that most of the comps I played against were bruiser centric with little range or poke so I was in my happy place. I had my CDR runes on +another 4% from my masteries, after I got a Morellonomicon (first item I went for) I had 34.5% cdr at like level 4-5 so his q cool down is only just a couple seconds long. I really thought I'd have more problems on TT with having to tether myself to the ground but with the cdr I was able to use it constantly and reposition safely .

I ran him on bot every game and I had no problems at all even in 1v2 scenarios. It's so hard to miss his abilities with how narrow the lanes are and the extra range from his w meant I could dominate teamfights in the enemy jungle while practically standing on the health relic.

His e+q/r stun kept me alive in a lot of situations I would of lost as most other champs (had a renekton and leona tower dive me, yay free double kill). To be honest he played a lot better than I thought he would. I am going to chalk up a bit of my success to some really lucky compositions I faced in blind pick but all in all I think he has a lot to bring to the fight; with proper positioning and enough cdr he's a glass cannon with enough range to be viable.

edit: how far from the mark am I Yetti (I'm sure you have some golden wisdom to impart on us)
Lol. No golden wisdom from me, as I have hardly any experience as Xerath. Sounds like you give a pretty good summary of him though. Anders played him a few games last night and did really well. Maybe he will drop by this thread and give us his thoughts. Xerath may be more viable than a lot of us realized. Obviously requires more time and testing. If you don't mind, keep me apprised of your thoughts on him as you start getting some more experience with him.