Glyph, The Judge of the Sands (Champion Concept)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhysmRosmay

03-05-2013

After a few remakes I'm back with Glyph, the Ra based champion meant to be the third Guardian (such as Nasus and Renekton) Glyph is an AP bruiser meant for top lane or even the jungle. Thanks for checking out my champion concept. If you like it or have any feed back please leave a comment. Thanks!

He is based after Ra, the Egyptian god... Looks like a Falcon. Instead of growing in size when he ults, he is just as large as Nasus and Renekton when they ult, representing his power as the original guardian.

Glyph, the Judge of the Sands

Health 450 (+85 per level)
Health regen. 8 (+0.85 per level)
Mana 200 (+40 per level)
Mana regen. 6.5(+0.65 per level)
Attack damage 58.2 (+4.2 per level)
Attack speed 0.617 (+3.44% per level)
Armor 16 (+3.5 per level)
Magic res. 30
Mov. speed 325
Range 150
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Passive) - Resiliance - Glyph's Armor and Magic Resist increase by 1 for every 5/3.5/2% of Health he is missing.
(Levels up at levels 7 and 11)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q - Slashing Claws - Glyph swipes his claws in front of him dealing 60/100/130/150/180+(.6 of AP)+2/4/6/8/10% of their current Health in magic damage in a cone in front of him.

Costs: 35/45/55/65/80 mana

Cooldown: 14/12/10/8/6 seconds

Range: 250

Cone Angle: 80%

W - Unearth - Glyph creates a sand pit at target location, drawing enemies towards the center of the pit for 2 seconds before they are released. Enemies entering the center of the pit take 50/80/120/160/200 + (.5 of AP) magic damage and are stunned for 1.5 seconds.

Costs: 80 Mana

Cooldown: 10 seconds

Pit Diameter: 600

Center Diameter: 150

Draw in speed: 125 per sec

Range: 900

E - Erode - Glyph lashes out dealing dealing 25/35/50/65/80+(.9 of AP) magic damage to a single target and shredding their armor and magic resist by 5/10/15/20/25% for 5 seconds (this effect reduces over duration)

Costs: 60/70/80/90/100 mana

Cooldown: 17/15/13/11/9 seconds

Range: 400

R (Ultimate) - The Titans Wrath - (Active) Glyph summons his powers for 15 seconds, doubling his passives bonus. While empowered, he drains 2/3/4%+(0.01 AP)% of nearby enemies max health in magic damage each second. Glyph gains 10/15/20% spell vamp while The Titans Wrath is active.

Costs: 100/125/150 mana

Cooldown: 150 seconds

Radius of AoE: 350

I'll post Lore in a few days.. Thanks for leaving feedback!

Edit 1: Adjusted Q's scaling to .6 of AP and raised the CD a little bit, and reworked Ultimate to double his passive instead of granting bonus health, and removed the 25% regen to a level scaling spell vamp per ultimate level.
]Edit 2: Reworked his W completely, removed viktor-ish style stun and passive MS debuff.

PhysmRosmay

03-05-2013

like the views since posted but some feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!

PhysmRosmay

03-05-2013

bump

The5lacker

03-05-2013

Passive is a bit underwhelming. At max rank it's 50 Armor and MR at a max, and that's only when he's at very, very low health. I'd raise it a little bit, I think.

20% AP scaling on an ability is really bad, but the base damage is fairly solid, and the bonus damage scales really high. Cooldown is FAR too low, however, for such a high base damage.

W just looks like a charge version of Viktor's W, only with a mini-Frozen Mallet effect on-hit.

E is interesting. Doesn't make much sense for a top-laner or a jungler, though. This is a tank ability. This is something a bot-lane powerhouse would use to enable the kill for their carry.

25% HP per second healing is INSANELY powerful, especially over a 15 second duration. Might as well read "Glyph is indestructible for 15 seconds."

All in all, I don't think he's what you were going for, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. This guy is a terrifying tank, capable of taking tons of punishment and dragging opponents to their knees. I don't think he's a necessary addition to the roster (Nasus and Renekton are brothers and that's all the lore we need, to be honest.), but baring some minor issues there aren't any glaring mechanical faults here.

PhysmRosmay

03-05-2013

I left his q at 20% of ap because of the low cooldown, with more feed back it will be better to determine whether the cd should be raised and the ratio increased or if it's better to have a spammable slightly weaker ability.

I had originally had the sand pit stun them if they enter the center of the aoe, otherwise it was just a slowing ability. I may take the charges off, but i wanted the passive on it so he can drop the aoe and ensure the stun goes off by slowing them more while inside it.

I'm very open to more suggestions towards his E as I think it still needs some work.

His ultimate doesn't heal him for 25% HP per second, it heals him for 25% of the damage his ultimate is dealing per second (at max is 4%) realistically healing him for 1% of all enemies hp caught in his aoe per second, and thats before resists.

Overall I'm aiming for an ap bruiser who has weaker ratio's and relys on penetration and survival to deal his damage.

Thanks for the input and all feedback is considered in reworks.

PhysmRosmay

03-06-2013

bump

PhysmRosmay

03-09-2013

bump

MilkusWolfus

03-09-2013

I like his passive. He looks like a solid tank champion but for some reason I feel like there should be something more to his ultimate but I do see how the health drain would benefit him. Perhaps you could add something like in his ultimate his passive is doubled.

piiees

03-09-2013

his q's scale should probably be a bit higher i reckon. also, the ultimate seems too much like nasus's ultimate, or renekton's ultimate for me. i think you need to make it more unique somehow, because we already got 2 ultimates that work like that in damage.

25% of the damage dealt he gains i think is too much as, if he was doing, lets say, 8% of the enemies maximum health per second, and they were in a team fight, and all the enemy team was getting hit, and their health together is 12,000 (sounds more than it is) 8% of that is 960, and then damage reduction puts it down to lets say 600. thats 150 health persecond which over the 15seconds, is 2250, plus the initial health he got from first using it, he now has healed 2950 health over that fight. an ultimate to heal that much, and also deal a lot of damage is a bit too much, as the ultimate becomes too powerful for damage and survivability. thanks fro reading my 2 cents

PhysmRosmay

03-12-2013

I appreciate the scaling input on his ult, i'll do some more calculations to balance it out. Thanks for reading!