Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

free udyr.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wavy Crockett

11-01-2010

Quote:
apapersack:
You build Infinity edge and Ex calling on udyr

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Dibs on one of the other corners.

Voidgolem

11-01-2010

Udyr, go lane!

PROGOT is jungling now.

*half the team promptly ragequits*

NeonSpotlight

Recruiter

11-01-2010

Had an Udyr mid yesterday, he ended up carrying us and being amazing. He ended up 3v1 at a couple points. Me as tank mundo (I just love it, 500 crits and 4k hp, I feel so dirty when I do it though as he should be build dps) we just rolled the enemy team and they couldn't do nothing about it.

But pubstomping doesn't mean much : /
http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/US56285073

haithere

11-01-2010

Quote:
BroForgotnglory:
jungling provides such a huge benefit because of the global xp of dragon and buff control on top of everything you just listed. a gank with red buff is essentially 400-1000 free gold for both the jungler/the lane hes ganking. Topple that on top of 580 gold for the team for killing the dragon, and you can quickly see how having a jungler gives your team a huge advatange.

The only downside of jungling is.. o wait ther are none. Unless your team is just that terrible that for some reason they couldnt handle a 1v2.

90% of people run flash and ghost. Good luck ganking.

Brishen

11-01-2010

Quote:
Guinsoo:
Udyr and Warwick are both fine laners; they're just better in the jungle.

...sunglasses... its winter... why guinsoo?

Brishen

11-01-2010

Quote:
Wavy Crockett:
Dibs on one of the other corners.

you are in a circular room...

apapersack

11-01-2010

Quote:
JunKx:
lol typical community

not my fault you don't know what udyr is capable of, and im testing it out. sigh im betting you're both the type of people that scream OP on things like kat mid or garens etc just because you can't possible adapt to gameplay in the least.
its ok tho, you'll just come back with more insults over the internet to make you feel better. but thats ok cause you're pro and im noob remember. you're cool with a huge epeen that slaps me back to 1992. i understand

and of course the typical community will upvote such ridiculous unneeded insults just because...well im not sure. i should up vote you too, maybe it helps you

Rofl....udyr used to be my most played before season 1 came out. Your build is so uneffective it's laughable.

1) Attack damage udyr in general is just bad. Yeah, it can work in a few situations.....but 99/100 times it is inferior to a tankier build.

2) Udyr does not scale well with crits....at all! Building IE or an EC makes absolutely zero sense. If you are going to go AD udyr ( which I hope you are not), then you are basically forced to stack bloodthirsters with a frozen mallet thrown in there.

Against any decent opponent, you will get kited to death with those items.

orfygage

11-01-2010

Quote:
BroForgotnglory:
jungling provides such a huge benefit because of the global xp of dragon and buff control on top of everything you just listed. a gank with red buff is essentially 400-1000 free gold for both the jungler/the lane hes ganking. Topple that on top of 580 gold for the team for killing the dragon, and you can quickly see how having a jungler gives your team a huge advatange.

The only downside of jungling is.. o wait ther are none. Unless your team is just that terrible that for some reason they couldnt handle a 1v2.

a non-jungler udyr can kill dragon too you know.
my friend lanes with udyr with me as sona and we pwn at laning phase and farm jungle when we're stuck at their tower (he helps sona get blue buff, better than him taking it as a jungle) and we can dragon whenever we want.
we've met some junglers with that combo and we just steal his jungle and he has to lane with smite. if you play good, the teamplay game (teamfights , team pushing etc) starts early (10 mins most) and then the jungler isnt really any good.
just because you can jungle doesn't mean you have to do it.

JunKx

11-01-2010

Quote:
apapersack:
Rofl....udyr used to be my most played before season 1 came out. Your build is so uneffective it's laughable.

1) Attack damage udyr in general is just bad. Yeah, it can work in a few situations.....but 99/100 times it is inferior to a tankier build.

2) Udyr does not scale well with crits....at all! Building IE or an EC makes absolutely zero sense. If you are going to go AD udyr ( which I hope you are not), then you are basically forced to stack bloodthirsters with a frozen mallet thrown in there.

Against any decent opponent, you will get kited to death with those items.

him being your main you'd think you'd try out a dps udyr build, but it really sounds like you haven't

1) attack damage is great on udyr with tiger stance and generally all his stances.
2) crits scale amazingly well with udyr if you use tiger stance. with exe calling you can jungle anything you want..its just as good as madreds razors, thats why i build it specifically. IE gives you great damage/crit which works for your tiger nuke as well as bonus damage on your crits....yes this includes against buildings.
tiger splits your attacks up into 3 so it essentially triples the amount of crits you'll get in the same time. yes its for lower damage but the overall DPS boost is very huge and noticeable even over phoenix.
get some damage and 30-40% crit and hit a tower. you'll rip it down so fast it will make your pants wet. tiger a squishy and you'll climax on your keyboard.

the potential for a deeps udyr is huge. im really confused as to why people judge it so harshly without even testing it for themselves. you say udyr was your main but talk like you've never tried different builds. so you may have played him a lot but most likely you've played him the same way.....meaning nothing