free udyr.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grekoh

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
jungling provides such a huge benefit because of the global xp of dragon and buff control on top of everything you just listed. a gank with red buff is essentially 400-1000 free gold for both the jungler/the lane hes ganking. Topple that on top of 580 gold for the team for killing the dragon, and you can quickly see how having a jungler gives your team a huge advatange.

The only downside of jungling is.. o wait ther are none. Unless your team is just that terrible that for some reason they couldnt handle a 1v2.

TYVM Dude atleast someone answered me.

apapersack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
udyr is a terrible laner? not sure where you get that idea from, maybe its just baddies being bad with udyr in a lane.
i agree hes a great jungler and if you're team is set up for it should jungle, but by all means udyr is not a bad laner
You build Infinity edge and Ex calling on udyr

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

LordUraj

11-01-2010

Problem is Udyr needs a decent runepage to jungle effectively, so unless the person is a dedicated jungler already (and hence would already jungle Udyr), they're probably ill-equipped to handle it.

Rehno

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
jungling provides such a huge benefit because of the global xp of dragon and buff control on top of everything you just listed. a gank with red buff is essentially 400-1000 free gold for both the jungler/the lane hes ganking. Topple that on top of 580 gold for the team for killing the dragon, and you can quickly see how having a jungler gives your team a huge advatange.

The only downside of jungling is.. o wait ther are none. Unless your team is just that terrible that for some reason they couldnt handle a 1v2.
I jungle in most of my games, but sometimes it doesnt work. You really cant trust solo que players to hold their own lanes. I just got out of a game where I couldnt gank anything because I had to run between everyones lane to defend. We ended up losing.

Mango Fandango

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by augr View Post
I jungle in most of my games, but sometimes it doesnt work. You really cant trust solo que players to hold their own lanes. I just got out of a game where I couldnt gank anything because I had to run between everyones lane to defend. We ended up losing.
Key word being *sometimes* I've only lost 3 of my last 15 or so solo normal games due to this. And actually one was completely and utterly my epic fail jungling / buying stuff to counter twitch. And of all those games I think I've seen another jungler once, maybe twice. So the benefits far far far outweigh the once in ten games someone can't handle a 1v2. Just ask in teamchat, usually there is SOMEONE who will jump at the opportunity to have a jungler and can be competent 1v2. If not just change your champion pick and semi-jungle.

shing0

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
udyr is a terrible laner? not sure where you get that idea from, maybe its just baddies being bad with udyr in a lane.
i agree hes a great jungler and if you're team is set up for it should jungle, but by all means udyr is not a bad laner
sir, gtfo and never post again if you dont know wtf youre talking about. goodbye and thank you for showing us youre an idiot

Mandolus

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmoh View Post
what is this... i dont even..
Yeah man how dare someone not understand every aspect of the game right off the bat

JBuckshotFTW

11-01-2010

Udyr can be one of the best tanks in the game with his turtle, bear, and phoenix stances. Udyr with Banshee's Veil and a couple of Sunfire capes has to pop into turtle stance for the shield, then into bear for the stun of the people around you, then into phoenix for the AOE; rinse and repeat. Its punishing people for standing around you.

JunKx

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by apapersack View Post
You build Infinity edge and Ex calling on udyr
I'm going to go cry in a corner now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poonpoon View Post
sir, gtfo and never post again if you dont know wtf youre talking about. goodbye and thank you for showing us youre an idiot
lol typical community

not my fault you don't know what udyr is capable of, and im testing it out. sigh im betting you're both the type of people that scream OP on things like kat mid or garens etc just because you can't possible adapt to gameplay in the least.
its ok tho, you'll just come back with more insults over the internet to make you feel better. but thats ok cause you're pro and im noob remember. you're cool with a huge epeen that slaps me back to 1992. i understand

and of course the typical community will upvote such ridiculous unneeded insults just because...well im not sure. i should up vote you too, maybe it helps you

Guinsoo

Game Designer

11-01-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Udyr and Warwick are both fine laners; they're just better in the jungle.