Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


free udyr.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grekoh

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Quote:
BroForgotnglory:
jungling provides such a huge benefit because of the global xp of dragon and buff control on top of everything you just listed. a gank with red buff is essentially 400-1000 free gold for both the jungler/the lane hes ganking. Topple that on top of 580 gold for the team for killing the dragon, and you can quickly see how having a jungler gives your team a huge advatange.

The only downside of jungling is.. o wait ther are none. Unless your team is just that terrible that for some reason they couldnt handle a 1v2.



TYVM Dude atleast someone answered me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

apapersack

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Quote:
JunKx:
udyr is a terrible laner? not sure where you get that idea from, maybe its just baddies being bad with udyr in a lane.
i agree hes a great jungler and if you're team is set up for it should jungle, but by all means udyr is not a bad laner


You build Infinity edge and Ex calling on udyr





I'm going to go cry in a corner now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordUraj

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Problem is Udyr needs a decent runepage to jungle effectively, so unless the person is a dedicated jungler already (and hence would already jungle Udyr), they're probably ill-equipped to handle it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rehno

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Quote:
BroForgotnglory:
jungling provides such a huge benefit because of the global xp of dragon and buff control on top of everything you just listed. a gank with red buff is essentially 400-1000 free gold for both the jungler/the lane hes ganking. Topple that on top of 580 gold for the team for killing the dragon, and you can quickly see how having a jungler gives your team a huge advatange.

The only downside of jungling is.. o wait ther are none. Unless your team is just that terrible that for some reason they couldnt handle a 1v2.


I jungle in most of my games, but sometimes it doesnt work. You really cant trust solo que players to hold their own lanes. I just got out of a game where I couldnt gank anything because I had to run between everyones lane to defend. We ended up losing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mango Fandango

Master Recruiter

11-01-2010

Quote:
augr:
I jungle in most of my games, but sometimes it doesnt work. You really cant trust solo que players to hold their own lanes. I just got out of a game where I couldnt gank anything because I had to run between everyones lane to defend. We ended up losing.


Key word being *sometimes* I've only lost 3 of my last 15 or so solo normal games due to this. And actually one was completely and utterly my epic fail jungling / buying stuff to counter twitch. And of all those games I think I've seen another jungler once, maybe twice. So the benefits far far far outweigh the once in ten games someone can't handle a 1v2. Just ask in teamchat, usually there is SOMEONE who will jump at the opportunity to have a jungler and can be competent 1v2. If not just change your champion pick and semi-jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shing0

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Quote:
JunKx:
udyr is a terrible laner? not sure where you get that idea from, maybe its just baddies being bad with udyr in a lane.
i agree hes a great jungler and if you're team is set up for it should jungle, but by all means udyr is not a bad laner


sir, gtfo and never post again if you dont know wtf youre talking about. goodbye and thank you for showing us youre an idiot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandolus

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Quote:
Asmoh:
what is this... i dont even..


Yeah man how dare someone not understand every aspect of the game right off the bat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JBuckshotFTW

Member

11-01-2010

Udyr can be one of the best tanks in the game with his turtle, bear, and phoenix stances. Udyr with Banshee's Veil and a couple of Sunfire capes has to pop into turtle stance for the shield, then into bear for the stun of the people around you, then into phoenix for the AOE; rinse and repeat. Its punishing people for standing around you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunKx

Senior Member

11-01-2010

Quote:
apapersack:
You build Infinity edge and Ex calling on udyr
I'm going to go cry in a corner now.


Quote:
poonpoon:
sir, gtfo and never post again if you dont know wtf youre talking about. goodbye and thank you for showing us youre an idiot


lol typical community

not my fault you don't know what udyr is capable of, and im testing it out. sigh im betting you're both the type of people that scream OP on things like kat mid or garens etc just because you can't possible adapt to gameplay in the least.
its ok tho, you'll just come back with more insults over the internet to make you feel better. but thats ok cause you're pro and im noob remember. you're cool with a huge epeen that slaps me back to 1992. i understand

and of course the typical community will upvote such ridiculous unneeded insults just because...well im not sure. i should up vote you too, maybe it helps you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Recruiter

11-01-2010

Udyr and Warwick are both fine laners; they're just better in the jungle.


123