I hate crimping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaltLongmire

03-05-2013

This really sucks. I have earned my way out of Bronze V into Bronze IV. My reward? In Bronze IV, I am 4/4 and have won my last 3; 4 of the last 5 games there. I have 13 LP to show for it. This system is broken, haven't I shown that I am better than Bronze V? Of course I don't expect to move into a Pro league any time soon. But seriously, 2, 5 and 6 LP for a win? Poppycock.

xShadowBlade

03-05-2013

means that the league thinks your MMR (what actually affects your LP gains) is really really really ****. and doesnt think your ready to move up anymore.

CiT0

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post
This really sucks. I have earned my way out of Bronze V into Bronze IV. My reward? In Bronze IV, I am 4/4 and have won my last 3; 4 of the last 5 games there. I have 13 LP to show for it. This system is broken, haven't I shown that I am better than Bronze V? Of course I don't expect to move into a Pro league any time soon. But seriously, 2, 5 and 6 LP for a win? Poppycock.
No you havent proven anything to be honest. Looking at the bigger picture you have
140 wins and 171 losses. you need a to prove a lot more than a 4-4 record your last 8 games in which almost every one you die more than you get kills as a carry. Not that that is the only thing that matters but try to play more solid.

MicKretz

03-05-2013

when the new rank league was released...no1 promised that ppl would get their promotiion series after a 3 game winning streak

u need to win lots of games in order to win...the sad thing is...when you win those first few games you get so little cuz you playing with ppl worst then you....then the system says..THIS DUDE IS READY FOR BETTER PPL....u play 1 game and lose that...ur right back to where u started from.....

its the system saying your not ready to graduate yet....just keep improving your game...you will do it someday

AnthonyBaws

03-05-2013

That is not enough proof.

WaltLongmire

03-05-2013

Okay, I should have been more clear.

My ranked record is as a result of two different styles of play: the first where I was nice to my team at all times and picked to fill, even volunteered to play the support characters.; and the second, where I got tired of losing game after game and began to pick whomever I wanted and my team had to just deal with it. The interesting thing is that once I stopped being a team player, I began winning somewhat regularly. I now win about 60% of my games.

Those that think I haven't proven anything don't take into account that if I am crimped in Bronze IV at 0 LP, it means that I was also crimped in Bronze V once I got above 70 LP. On my way to Bronze IV, I went on multiple streaks of 5 or 6 wins and the final run to get promoted required a 16-2 run ending in the 2-win Promotional Series.

And stop with the downvotes, lol. The insults are enough...

MicKretz

03-05-2013

Quote:
Okay, I should have been more clear.

My ranked record is as a result of two different styles of play: the first where I was nice to my team at all times and picked to fill, even volunteered to play the support characters.; and the second, where I got tired of losing game after game and began to pick whomever I wanted and my team had to just deal with it. The interesting thing is that once I stopped being a team player, I began winning somewhat regularly. I now win about 60% of my games.

Those that think I haven't proven anything don't take into account that if I am crimped in Bronze IV at 0 LP, it means that I was also crimped in Bronze V once I got above 70 LP. On my way to Bronze IV, I went on multiple streaks of 5 or 6 wins and the final run to get promoted required a 16-2 run ending in the 2-win Promotional Series.

And stop with the downvotes, lol. The insults are enough...
well theres just nothing any1 here can really do to help you other then offer advice and most advice that is going to be offered is going to be str8 up criticism or constructive criticism...there is just a million + 1 threads out there about wins wins wins +1 loss netting less LP then you started with

its just how the system is and you have to deal with it JUST LIKE everyone else is dealing with it (and yes many are still climbing up) just gotta focus on the REAL PROBLEM....WINNING...nothing more you can do mate..gl to ya

WaltLongmire

03-05-2013

Now 4 in a row, 18 LP. Good thing that I would play this game without the league system...

MicKretz

03-05-2013

Quote:
Now 4 in a row, 18 LP. Good thing that I would play this game without the league system...
gj on winin 4 now ur prob getting closer to the MMR of ur tier

hopefully higher LP for wins soon

Elsabet

03-05-2013

You've lost 65% of your ranked games, playing among Bronze V'rs most of the time. Where should you be rated?

If you're better now than you used to be- fully believable with all your ranked experience this season alone- then winning and getting promoted will become easier and easier.