how can you stop a snowballer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

micmanga

03-05-2013

there have been several games in which someone starts to get a lot of kills. i have tried to gank them with the entire team, but after the kill the rest of the enemy team comes and kills us when that snowballer respawns >.<
plz tell me how to stop these snowballers as i cant stand these matches that are already decided 10min in... i may be a noob but that is why i am posting this plz help me!

Armstice

03-05-2013

There are a couple of ways to shut down a snowball. The first, and easiest is to ward so that the snowballing champ and/or lane can't gank and continue to get bigger. Second, you need to farm hard. The Jungle needs to come to the lane often, not to gank but to deter the champ from going all in.

If jungle presence is enough to make the snowballed lane back off, visit often and stay for lengthy periods of time while the lane is frozen near turret. You can stall out their momentum once your laner has had sufficient time to at least close the gold gap a bit.

In solo q though honestly if a lane is snowballing it is VERY dangerous to try to stop it. You are better off trying to snowball harder, and if you can't and lose then it's because you were not better than them. Take the L and move on to the next game.

Momentum Forma

03-05-2013

i hardly ever use wards....maybe that might help a bit.

Alaerga

03-05-2013

I have stopped a couple of snowballers, including a Jax and a TF, I remember them because those were the best come backs I have had, though, I was the jungler with Vi, a couple of full team ganks on him pritoritizing him after I farmed enough were enough to set them back and let us catch up, I ended up carrying my team in both games.

I remember the come back against the fed TF because he was 10/0/and something by the 15ish min mark since my mid was losing a lot to him and every time I told em to be careful of mia mid because I had to cover the lane every time our mid died, bot and top lanes wouldn't fall back and would get ganked.

The only problem with trying to pull off a comeback is convincing your team to keep trying and act as one to win Team fights, sometimes, due to human stubborness it's impossible, but if you get in a team with nice people you can pull it off.

Of course, there will be times when coming back from a negative situation will be impossible and you will have to surrender to avoid wasting time.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-05-2013

The advantage of all of the kills being on one character: Removing that character from the fight removes a large portion of that team's power.

If you can shut them down with exhaust/cc and either kill them or chase them completely out of the fight, the fight gets a lot easier. So it's all about being more coordinated and fighting better. Had a Lee Sin recently in a Silver 1 game that had 12 kills in the first 15 or so minutes. We shut him out of fights and won.