Why don't they just halve Kassadin's ultimate range for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lindre

03-06-2013

Quote:
OP is Diana Full build in Dominion she can melt everyone, Kassadin is just a punk you should not chase.
Diana can't instantly gap close on you while in the fog of war, drop huge burst/silence you, and blink away before you can even react.

Honestly probably the only way to truly 'fix' Kassadin's ult problem would be to change the rules on how 'blink' abilities work. As in, not allowing it to place you on the other side of a wall if your blink would put you 51% or more through the wall, but not 100%. That would probably require rebuilding/recoding the entire blink mechanic though if I'm correct. Which is likely really resource intensive in time, resources, and testing/Q&A.

Panzerzs

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
i dont see how Kassadin ult needs any modification, if he cant be killed because of it in Dominion so what cap the node let him go, kill his buddys he left behind, if your worried about killing him and annoyed you can't your forgeting the point of the game, to Win. Guys like Wu and Kass and even Ez who can get away real easy just leave the burden on there teamates. when they ditch im ready to pounce on there teamate fast so when they come back it's a 1v1.
Errr... You do know that the best counter to wu is just exhaust him when he uses cyclone, and all his damage is nullified
-You do know that ezreal can use arcane shift once (which is equal to about a flash) and then he's vulnerable? (Like how I can E,Q with j4, and then R, he's stuck)
-You do know that when kassadin riftwalks it is equal to like 2 flashes, and he can use it every 3 seconds with cd.
-You do know that his riftwalk can enable him to gank bottom, and then riftwalk back top in 12seconds or so? (It takes about 10seconds to form a united group to engage top which means kass can kill ur bottom ally and then run top in time for a 4 v 4)
-You do know that the riftwalk is not the only problem, but a 2.6 or 2.7 **** silence that would nullify any bruiser or ap who uses spells to dish out damage.
-You do know that ignoring a kassadin in dominion means you're giving an op mobility champ the fog of war ADV therefore when he engages you, silences, and slows, you have about 2.6 seconds to get out of the silence and slow which is enough time for the enemy team to follow up and kill you?

-Sorry, A good (l0l actually scumbag) kassadin player can really ruin a game, I agree dominion is about node captures, but with kassadin's mobility, one does not simply ignore kassadin.
-For me personally, kassadin only becomes a problem when you have a kha zix, rammus, lulu or something with him. I learned how to deal with kassadin alone with maybe another tier 1 or cheesecake champion, but when I see kids continuously use kassadin and 2-3 other ops in 1 team, then I'm kinda in despair.

Counters: lol AI player --> I play short AI games and then leave cause I prefer real life and school over kids playing league everyday like they have no school, so I enjoy my games in the tournaments
Counter 2: LOL who are you to judge me --> I think I have have enough experience to teach others dominion tips and tricks (which I do right now when I'm off school), and right now, I'm trying to help you understand how brutal kass can be ._.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

so many bad designers posting on the dominion forums...

Death8630

03-06-2013

"Can't kill him? Ignore him and cap."

Brilliant argument, except if you ignore him he gets his CD and then bursts your face off again. Oh, but thanks for the oversimplified condescension.

KaWraith

03-06-2013

Have to admit, people who downplay kassadin's game breaking, overwhelming and nigh unstoppable kit are just fooling themselves.

Watch top players like Sauron use kassadin... I still have nightmares about that s@#$.

if you ignore kassadin when he runs away, he can backcap you or gank bot.. or run right back into the fight and blow you to bits. Dominion is about capturing points, true: but it is also about mobility, and kassadin's is unparallelled

Palladine

03-08-2013

Fixing Kass & Zix's wall hopping is pretty much the only thing that I think needs to be done about him.

I run Diana, Malz and Ryze bot lane often in sort of mid-elo, and there's very little you can do against a Kassadin gank over the bot lane wall. There's not really much way to win a fight against him in a bot-lane gank situation with an ability based champ because by the time you aren't silenced anymore, he's at full and you are at half or less HP. :/

IronAegis

03-08-2013

I've never wished for a champion to be gutted, as I understand there are many players who simply enjoy a particular champ's playstyle and abilities. That said, Kass has been broken for so long and I've seen so many gloating Kass players that I wouldn't care if they nerfed him into oblivion.

Jayce and Kha are strong, to be sure, but no one is at Kass's level in terms of rage-inducing mobility and damage.