Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This probably is a dumb question but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vieryn

03-04-2013

Okay this is probably a reallly dumb question and I hope I don't get berated for finally asking it but I've been wondering for awhile...
So I know a big problem with people losing matches is because someone goes AFK or disconnects...
How come there isn't some sort of program to circumvent the negativity of 4v5s? It just makes everyone rage and lose their patience with the game.
How come there can't be a bot-like stand in to take the place of someone who is AFK for a certain amount of time or disconnected? Like they could enter with the team's average level and items. It wouldn't be as good as having a real player there, but it can be better, right?
I don't know, that's probably really stupid....I've just considered other games like Halo where if there is someone who leaves or not enough players others who are in a queue can be put in mid game. Is something like that even possible?
Thanks

SlamHannigan

03-04-2013

The problem with placing new players into the middle of a game is that they wouldn't have any control over being placed into a losing match, which would be a problem in Ranked play. AIs aren't as challenging, and can't think as strategically, as a human being, so the most likely result of a bot being put in would be that they start feeding.

I agree that DCs can get irritating, but I'm at a loss to think of a solution for them. I played with a Singed earlier who DC'd a couple times, but no technology will ever be perfect -- DCs just plain happen sometimes, not much to be done about it.

SS American Star

03-04-2013

I've had some lopsided matches that actually turned out okay. Even today I had a 3v5 that we ended up winning.

Vieryn

03-06-2013

So there is no way to negate the potential loss of someone who enters a losing game? Or maybe just give them a set amount of XP regardless of a win or loss?
And I totally understand what you're saying about bots...I just didn't know if they were intentionally made less intelligent in the bot games we know of to get new players accustomed to the mechanics or if that is legitimately how smart they can be.

I just really wanted to know if something has been brought up before concerning a potential fill in for someone who is disconnected or AFK.
I hear a lot of people complaining about it and I was just wondering if a solution had ever been addressed.
I know it would be difficult and probably not very successful, but I have always wondered.

I understand losses can negatively affect ranked games, but what about normal games? I don't think it matters too much, you just get less XP, right?
I've never had a huge problem with lopsided matches either...just a few annoyances here and there which isn't a big deal, I'm just curious