Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac beta wont open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Datlicious

04-01-2013

My client just started to crash immediately after opening it. It has been working for the past 3 weeks and randomly stopped working today. I meet all the minimum system requirements easily and am on OS X 10.8.3

Gamelova

04-02-2013

Same here!

IG C0Mm RyC

04-02-2013

same problem 10.6.8

IG C0Mm RyC

04-02-2013

Quote:
Swizzy92:
Ok I fixed my original LoL client that wouldn't open.

Basically I downloaded the original .dmg file, open it, drag it into application folder.
Now, DON'T overwrite your original LoL app. You should have League and League (2).
Open package contents of League (2)
Now: Contents
LOL
RADS
system
Now, for me, UserKernel was the problem. Your original League UserKernel file should have one of those paper/pencil icons instead of the league icon, meaning that somewhere along the line the UserKernel file got changed (IDK). Basically, drag and overwrite the UserKernel from League (2) onto your original League package and overwrite, which will change the icon as well.
Upon boot, splash icon for original league will now open and game will open as normal.

Hope it works for you guys.

thanks it is works for me

jeanviper

04-02-2013

I JUST bought a new mac book pro and the installer wont load saying Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information"

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-02-2013

Quote:
jeanviper:
I JUST bought a new mac book pro and the installer wont load saying Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information"

Post your system specs and logs (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3222596).

FLuFFyLuMPKiNs26

04-02-2013

Yeah, since the new patch my launcher hasn't been able to open.

DWilly92

04-04-2013

Quote:
Swizzy92:

Basically I downloaded the original .dmg file, open it, drag it into application folder.
Now, DON'T overwrite your original LoL app. You should have League and League (2).
LOL
RADS
system
Now, for me, UserKernel was the problem. Your original League UserKernel file should have one of those paper/pencil icons instead of the league icon, meaning that somewhere along the line the UserKernel file got changed (IDK). Basically, drag and overwrite the UserKernel from League (2) onto your original League package and overwrite, which will change the icon as well.
Upon boot, splash icon for original league will now open and game will open as normal.

You should be given a medal for this, I walked my friend through this -- only part I was missing was finding the RADS folder, once we found that I was able to walk him through this without the guide, because I knew what the problem was but couldn't find the RADS folder on Mac (I'm a Windows user). Props bro, this gave me a different answer than what you intended, but I can confirm these steps do work. The UserKernel file was actually MISSING on the Mac.

HCH L

04-05-2013

same problem here now, after upgrade today.

R3VOLUT10N

04-05-2013

Quote:
Swizzy92:

LOL
RADS
system

worked for me too thanks!