Recommendation on Picking lanes before Queue/Please Fix!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajdin T560

Junior Member

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFakeSit View Post
You like this until you queue up for ADC and someone else queued up for support and they take AP Shyvana mid. That is why this system will NEVER work.
I believe that it could work. They could create a system where Everyone would chose a lane, Jungle should be optional, also top should be 1 or 2 players. Once you come to your champion selection screen you would chose your champions and if your champion is picked obviously then you would have to compensate with something else or then dodge of course. It would be the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armstice

Senior Member

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajdin T560 View Post
I have made a suggestion to support section on Fixing what happens to be one of the biggest issues in League of legends currently which is Confusion, Trolling, raging and etc in the Selecting your lane in Queue. You know how annoying this can be especially when playing single ranked without a clan so nobody knows what to do and before you know it the game starts, nobody wants to dodge and therefor most of the time the game is lost. So my recommendation to Support was as follows....

Subj: I'd like to give you guys a recommendation that could potentially fix a big issue in League of Legends

Ajdin
Mar 03 09:44

I think that there is a lot of players out there that are just getting sick and tired of people raging and trolling when it comes to not picking the correct lanes in the Queue. You know how it is someone either doesn't have the correct rune set up, don't have the appropriate champion or just because someone wants their way which puts the rest of the team at a disadvantage which either makes someone quit or the match is lost. Well what if League of legends created a system where everyone chose their lanes before the queue when you start the match there should be an option that states what lanes you should choose including jungle or 2 tops. This would eliminate most of the problem, granted i know when it comes to ranked some champions wil get banned but this would definitely lower the percentage of these issues and the process would be faster too. I've been a player now with League of Legends for a while now and i love the game and every improvement you guys have made went towards the good direction i believe that this truly would a good decision so if at least your team can think about it. Thanks

---Response from team member.

Greetings Ajdin,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass this to the development team working on that part of the PVP.net client. We do have quite a few improvements we'd like to implement, and we're hiring new engineers and developers to deal with them all.

In the meantime, if you haven't already I suggest posting ideas like these on the forums. The developers are always checking for ideas, and you can get support and constructive feedback from your fellow summoners. We have adjusted priorities in the past based on community feedback!


The League of Legends forums:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/

Warmest Regards,
Cooky Muncher
Riot Games Player Support Specialist

My last response to him was......

Ajdin

Thank you very much, i would like to emphisize how much of a problem this is for serious players. I have actually conducted a survey as a player on LOL and most of the players agree with me on this. We need to figure out a way to fix this issue, i know couple of people that have quit playing LOL do to this reason. I would like it if this recommendation was taken more seriously and prioritized more than some other stuff going on right now. Thanks again....

March 04, 2013 14:03

---- I did exactly what he told me which is to post this on forums, players/summoners we need to push this so we as players can enjoy our games and not worry about this BSing before the game even starts. Please make the same recommendation and lets push for this change so that way we can enjoy our games a lil more.... Thanks guys!
I'm a silver player, and ironicly I notice past silver V people call their lane as is per usual (I say nothing, because frankly I am going to jungle if I pick before you...sorries). After the lanes are called the picking phase begins, if I'm first or second pick I take the champ I want and say afterwards, Jungle. I have only had TWO games out of about the last 30 I've played where someone has had a hissy fit over it.

The community isn't as terrible as it's made to sound. The problem is when someone calls MID! They are last pick, and instead of just letting it slide and keeping your mouth shut you say something like, "No, I'm mid. You're last pick." Sets the fireworks off and you have a ragefest till last pick picks a second mid to spite you.

If you present yourself well, or act as if you honestly could care less what's said in chat you'll notice that people are less inclined to rage or whine. At least that's what I've seen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFakeSit

Member

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajdin T560 View Post
I believe that it could work. They could create a system where Everyone would chose a lane, Jungle should be optional, also top should be 1 or 2 players. Once you come to your champion selection screen you would chose your champions and if your champion is picked obviously then you would have to compensate with something else or then dodge of course. It would be the same.

Once again, if i queue up for support, there is NOTHING stopping me from going AP shyvana middle or revive AD heim jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CRANK513

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-04-2013

Hi,

I think the problem which you have stated is most common in the Normal Games and in the ranked games with Low ELO. So this is not a problem with the more serious games. But I am not denying from the fact that most of the times when you are solo and a group of 4 other people join your team you can't really do much as the rest 4 of the players are against you no matter you are Right or Wrong.
And the module which you have mentioned can be atleast used as an additional option if not compulsion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

03-04-2013

This has been suggested for ages... it hasn't been implemented for a reason (or few).

Don't get me wrong, I totally can relate to the frustration.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajdin T560 View Post
When i say Survey i mean i was asking people personally over chat about 90% of them agreed. Also i don't know why you wouldnt agree with this, if they make a system they could make it so its optional, you could still do random but for those that want to chose they would chose which would match them up with other ones that want to chose. It would be awesome. I would mind the wait it would be totaly worth it.
Okay, so your 'survey' is completely and utterly devoid of any meaning at all. It's not remotely accurate or representative, and the results probably aren't even what you claim them to be. Moving on from this.
I wouldn't agree with this because it would ruin the entire matchmaking system with no possibility of repair unless the system were scrapped. If I choose not to pick my role before champion select, am I being matched with only people who did likewise or with some people who did pick a role? If the former, then my wait times have gone up drastically because of a problem that doesn't affect me. If the latter, then I play Support 90% of the time and never get a choice of my role in Champ Select. Either one is completely unacceptable.
I still claim that this is not a problem, but an intended consequence of the system. So much of this game relies on being able to work with your team, so why would Champ Selct be any different? If you have a conniption any time someone else wants Mid, whereas I am happy to compromise with my team every game, do I not deserve to have more success in the game than you do? More to the point, why should anyone be given a League ranking that only reflects their ability to play Mid, which is only 20% of the game? Unless you are Challenger tier (or on a Pro team) you should expect to play any of the five roles in any given game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drayola

Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
This actually isn't a problem at all for most games in Gold+, and even many Silver games. So no, "serious players" are completely unaffected by this alleged problem.
I also don't believe you have done a thorough survey with a sizable and representative sample. Could you please link me to the published results of the survey?
Lol, I'm in Silver. Don't use Silver as a "serious player" tier please. Silver probably gets worse trolls, because now, not only are they trolling, but they're full of themselves because they think Silver is good. Also, trolling never stops. Ever. This is a problem that continues all the way to Diamond. I have several friends in Platinum that I duo queue a lot with, and many times we duo queue, there's a guy that says "if the last pick does anything other than support, i will feed". So no, "serious players" (and I count myself as one) are not unaffected. In fact, they are the ones most angry because while they actually try to win games, there are trolls who are dedicated to getting the best comical experience they can get out of your misery.

I actually love this idea. My friends and I were talking about this exact solution the other day. There is seriously no loss to this. Someone wants mid? Good, because now they are mid. It also promotes the competitive scene, where everyone just has one role of theirs. I think this is genious dude. Granted, I think there will still be trolls. People that will choose to play one role then pick another champ to mess with the team. They have to be real bored though lol.

Let us know how things turn out!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drayola

Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Okay, so your 'survey' is completely and utterly devoid of any meaning at all. It's not remotely accurate or representative, and the results probably aren't even what you claim them to be. Moving on from this.
I wouldn't agree with this because it would ruin the entire matchmaking system with no possibility of repair unless the system were scrapped. If I choose not to pick my role before champion select, am I being matched with only people who did likewise or with some people who did pick a role? If the former, then my wait times have gone up drastically because of a problem that doesn't affect me. If the latter, then I play Support 90% of the time and never get a choice of my role in Champ Select. Either one is completely unacceptable.
I still claim that this is not a problem, but an intended consequence of the system. So much of this game relies on being able to work with your team, so why would Champ Selct be any different? If you have a conniption any time someone else wants Mid, whereas I am happy to compromise with my team every game, do I not deserve to have more success in the game than you do? More to the point, why should anyone be given a League ranking that only reflects their ability to play Mid, which is only 20% of the game? Unless you are Challenger tier (or on a Pro team) you should expect to play any of the five roles in any given game.
What are you achieving in nullifying his survey? Stop being a smartass lol. The guy has an idea. You either upvote it or downvote it. I don't recall this topic title being Statistics 101 Lecture.

FYI, you should be expected to play all 5 roles, you're right about that. The only reason that rule was even made was because of the trolling going on in queue. It was expected of you to have 2 roles you are really good at, and in the event that you don't get the role you want, be able to play one of the other 3. Now, what this guy is suggesting is that you don't have to do that anymore. You play what you want to play. Is that so bad? Is it bad for you to actually have a say in what role you want to play in the next game? Why are you bashing on this guy's surveys when you haven't given a single actual argument to why his idea itself is bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drayola

Member

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
I'm a silver player, and ironicly I notice past silver V people call their lane as is per usual (I say nothing, because frankly I am going to jungle if I pick before you...sorries). After the lanes are called the picking phase begins, if I'm first or second pick I take the champ I want and say afterwards, Jungle. I have only had TWO games out of about the last 30 I've played where someone has had a hissy fit over it.

The community isn't as terrible as it's made to sound. The problem is when someone calls MID! They are last pick, and instead of just letting it slide and keeping your mouth shut you say something like, "No, I'm mid. You're last pick." Sets the fireworks off and you have a ragefest till last pick picks a second mid to spite you.

If you present yourself well, or act as if you honestly could care less what's said in chat you'll notice that people are less inclined to rage or whine. At least that's what I've seen.
I'm gonna quote one last message and be on my way.

You are so right it's not even funny. In Silver, the trolling does decline, I agree. However, you still end up adapting and picking a role that fits your team, and not necessarily a role you want or are good at. That's what this guy is trying to fix.

Also, yeah, usually the worst trolls are the first picks. For some reason, people are mistaking the idea that last picks are supposed to adjust to their team for the idea that last picks have no rights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

angryWelchMan

Senior Member

03-05-2013

Btw if you want a better discussion GD forum would be a better place to go and add a poll to the top. GD has more people and more activity and reds watch and comment on it.

That being said. in my own informal, not statistically irrelevant, survey this really isn't a problem. I have never had a ranked game in my climb out of bronze where the team in the lobby hasn't been able to work it out. and I have played only 2 roles about 90% of the time.

So in order to solve this small problem, that as long as your nice during champ select doesn't exist,, you want longer queue times, a damper on innovation, and more ways for people to troll. I'm not really liking this.

Also when OP offered as proof of the problem that he had "conducted a survey." This makes it sound as though the statistically tool known as a survey and done a statistical analysis and determined that this is a problem for the majority of players. While everyone thinking of this finds it impossible, when you first read it you see survey and think well I guess it is a problem then.