Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

B.F. Sword and Needlessly Large Rod

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

03-10-2013

This guy... Oh man...

Talks about peoples' usage of the English language, then forgets to apostrophe you're. I'm 95% sure you're all getting trolled.

Kyu Ryu

03-11-2013

Quote:
Vuther:
It is meant to be an issue. Hence, the topic of slot efficiency mentioned from The Tsak that I neglected to think about earlier. My apologies for not linking it together, I was supposed to be addressing your point here:

In this particular case, we are not gaining anything that adds to the game with what we have now. It would add something to the game to make this change.

IceHound

Recruiter

03-11-2013

I disagree, the whole point of saving for BF sword is to be rewarded for so, sure I could buy a pickaxe, but then all I could build it into is IE or last whisper, as with a BF sword you get the choice of IE BT and MS. the same could be said about blasting rod, if I buy it other NLG then I can't buy hourglass or deathfire grasp(or whatever that thing is called). It's suppose to reward players for saving their gold for those items rather than flat out letting the options be entirely open to anyone that buys anything.

Kyu Ryu

03-11-2013

What is wrong with the option of what you upgrade into being more open? If there is a problem in price then price can be adjusted but seeing as how this is a strategy game. It would add to have options of what you can build into more open.

Ansate

03-11-2013

Quote:
Kyu Ryu:
What is wrong with the option of what you upgrade into being more open? If there is a problem in price then price can be adjusted but seeing as how this is a strategy game. It would add to have options of what you can build into more open.

Not really. Building options aren't exactly expanded. It'll just be the same thing. Need a BF Sword? Get Pickaxe, farm more. Yeah, it's the same thing in the long run, but if that's the case, why bother putting this in now when, as just said, it's the same damn thing?

Kyu Ryu

03-11-2013

Its being put in because 1550 is to large of a gold chunk to be buying items in.

Ye Ol Feeder

03-13-2013

look if you can't get a BF sword on a ADC in the first 7 minutes. just uninstall.

Kyu Ryu

03-13-2013

Your missing the point. The period of time it takes to save up for a BF sword is to large of a period of time to go without upgrading gear during early game. Large enough to have a notable effect on gameplay.

just4GG

03-16-2013

Quote:
Kyu Ryu:
To make items that are made with these two items easier to move into. Have B.F. Sword build from one pickaxe and 675 gold. Have Needlessly Large Rod build from Blasting Rod and 740 gold.

By the same logic, every ad item should be built from longsword + upgrade.

IamDuddits

03-18-2013

Quote:
The Tsak:
its for slot efficiency
you get more gold for your slot
its something carried from dota long ago

Slot efficiency doesn't exist in LoL. And to be more specific, I mean that it carries no gold value in LoL.

Compare Long Sword (10 AD for 400), Pick axe (25 AD for 875) and BF Sword (45 AD for 1550) to Gauntlets of Strength (+3 Str for 150) , Belt of Strength (+6 Str for 450) and Ogre Club (+10 Str for 1000). The reasoning behind the scaling was to compensate for early game items having little late game value (they didn't build into strong late game items).

Cost efficiency in LoL is so ass backwards it's hard to tell what they were aiming for.