B.F. Sword and Needlessly Large Rod

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyu Ryu

03-09-2013

Slot efficiency is pointless for most of the game as you are not limited by your slots. In a lot of games you never even run into it at all. Your just making up excuses now.

Llanite

03-09-2013

The point is to have a winning lane hold back a bit. By winning, they already got more gold and XP, would be really hard to catch up if they can take full advantage of that gold.

Kyu Ryu

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanite View Post
The point is to have a winning lane hold back a bit. By winning, they already got more gold and XP, would be really hard to catch up if they can take full advantage of that gold.

Are you just saying random words. What you said has nothing to do with topic.

Arafotab

03-09-2013

Pretty much what everyone is saying:
Those items are meant to be bought in one large step.

"There is no advantage to waiting for a B.F. sword over a pickaxe at all."

Wouldn't it be an advantage to get the B.F. in that there are certain items that can only be built from the B.F.?
If there was no advantage to waiting for a B.F. sword at all, then people would have just started pickaxes instead. Clearly this isn't the case.

Kyu Ryu

03-09-2013

Your missing the point. Its not meant to be an intentional penalty in the items it builds into. I wonder if someone from Riot can confirm this for this topic.

Vuther

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu View Post
B.F. sword is 34.44444 gold an AD. Pick axe is 35 gold an AD. That argument is completely baseless when gold cost are this close together. There is no advantage to waiting for a B.F. sword over a pickaxe at all. The only reason you do it is if your making an item that needs B.F. Swords.
Whoa, didn't realize the new prices messed with that formula so much.

The point's much clearer comparing B.F. Sword to Long Sword (Long Sword would cost a much more significant 1800 gold if you could get 45 attack damage with it).
Quote:
Slot efficiency is pointless for most of the game as you are not limited by your slots. In a lot of games you never even run into it at all. Your just making up excuses now.
Happens to me all the time. Double Doran's takes a lotta space while you're trying to get Infinity Edge, upgrade your boots and have a ward on hand, for a carry example. Mixing durability and damage can be tough on a lot of melee champions as well (especially because wards).

Kyu Ryu

03-09-2013

That is the disadvantage of getting a Dorian blade only. This is quite a simple fix to. Simply make pickaxe build into B.F. sword and blasting rod build into needlessly large rod. It doesn't add anything to the game to leave it the way it is now.

Vuther

03-09-2013

Quote:
That is the disadvantage of getting a Dorian blade only. This is quite a simple fix to. Simply make pickaxe build into B.F. sword and blasting rod build into needlessly large rod. It doesn't add anything to the game to leave it the way it is now.
Not just Doran's, I get trouble with inventory space all the time. Got wards, got boots, gonna build major damage item which requires at least two components, saw an enemy place a ward I want broken/ which means pink ward - that's likely five items, without Doran's (which isn't always, for sure. I'll probably have a Doran's.) If I get melted by someone in a fight/my major damage item requires three components, I'm going to have to get a durability item/take up another inventory slot to fill my inventory. If both of those things happen at once... well ouch. And for every completed item that isn't boots, this only worsens as you try to complete another item.

Point is, building fluidly and reacting to what you're up against is probably going to take up some space.

Kyu Ryu

03-09-2013

Your missing the point. In this particular case, its not meant to be a disadvantage.

Vuther

03-09-2013

Quote:
Your missing the point. In this particular case, its not meant to be a disadvantage.
It is meant to be an issue. Hence, the topic of slot efficiency mentioned from The Tsak that I neglected to think about earlier. My apologies for not linking it together, I was supposed to be addressing your point here:
Quote:
Slot efficiency is pointless for most of the game as you are not limited by your slots. In a lot of games you never even run into it at all...