Riots opinon of the BOTRK changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpyderJ

03-04-2013

Im very curious as to what riot's view of how things are playing out is. Blade of the Ruined King has quickly become an item people feel must be built on EVERYONE.

I honestly do not believe this is so and have had much more success building it situationally and only on characters in which....well ill be autoattacking a great deal. It synergizes quite well with quite a few kits but I think for many characters who are more heavily ability based its a waste. Ive seen it being built on characters like Renekton and Riven and Akali whom in my opinion cannot take full advantage of the item and would be far better off going a different more tried and true path that is specifically suited to their character and the situation in the game.

Now all this begs the question of what "Riot's" opinion of this is as this will be the deciding factor in the direction the item is taken in terms of pricing and power in game.

Personally I don't think the item is overpowered at all. I agree with the cost efficiency notion, but to say that for nearly every character theres no better option, i can't agree with that at all. So, with that I just think that eventually the fad will die down and while it will continue as a staple item for quite a few characters, I think the hype of the item change will die down and things will settle into place nicely.

TLDR: Riot, what is your opinion of the future of the item Blade of the Ruined King?

Dnote

03-04-2013

Blood thirster with AS
the ability is the only thing worth debating about being op

ZOMGTURTLE

03-04-2013

I don't think Riot ever comes into the SR forums, I don't think I've ever seen a red post in here.

I agree that it should be situationally built, and I did advise my buddy in a recent game to build it as the damage item against a team with several health stackers. He fell in love with it and has been consistently using it. When I discussed it being more situational, he talked about the pros, such as Renek's Slice and Dice with Fury hitting 3 times... that's 5% of their current health per hit hitting 3 times instantly. Also, once he's blown his dash, he likes having the active available to both nuke and giving him the ability to chase them down.

ROKAF JE

03-04-2013

Old BotRK was good
New BotRK is broken op, like the early s3 Black Cleaver was.

It's going to be nerfed, Riot balance team is doing an absolute trash job recently.

That, and nobody reads SR Forums.. so GD might be your best bet