Does Last whisper's passive armor pen affect Katarina's ult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gandalf 007

12-03-2009

My ult is being shut down by high armor tanks. I tried taking last whisper but didn't really notice that much of a difference.

Is the passive armor pen from last whisper applying to Katarina's Death Lotus?

Teisel

12-03-2009

Death Lotus, and all of her abilities, deals magical damage. Physical dps items like that won't affect it.

Gandalf 007

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisel View Post
Death Lotus, and all of her abilities, deals magical damage. Physical dps items like that won't affect it.
Even though death lotus is based off AD (attack damage) if it's higher than AP?

jerzy

12-03-2009

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

She can get the bonus damage from your attack, but she is using a spell, so it is a magical damage.

Gandalf 007

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
Ah, I should have paid more attention. It appears it wasn't the armor I needed to be worrying about.

ShadowOrigin

12-04-2009

Which actually raises a good point; the ultimate should be made to switch between needing armor or magic resist, depending on which way it's actually raised.

Unless they start adding physical attack items with magic penetration ... which would be almost as awkward as Guinsoo's Rageblade.

JayceJa

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOrigin View Post
Which actually raises a good point; the ultimate should be made to switch between needing armor or magic resist, depending on which way it's actually raised.

Unless they start adding physical attack items with magic penetration ... which would be almost as awkward as Guinsoo's Rageblade.
or, if you have lots of attack damage and your spells aren't hitting for much, you could physically attack them? which is the point of a hybrid build, to do both physical and magical damage