Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No Blademail..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostlySkillz

03-04-2013

might as well take trynd out of 3s since there is no more blademail..

ChampStat

03-04-2013

Thornmail wasn't the only counter to Tryndamere. Try Frozen Heart. Try Randuin's Omen. Try stunning him.

Demacry

03-04-2013

I can understand why there might be a bit of trouble with him in blind que but unless you're the guy thats instalocking you should probably make sure your team has some decent hard cc (not rammus and alistar .5 second hard cc, more like fiddles 3 seconds fear cc).

RedSerpent

03-04-2013

Get 2 exhausts, now the game is a 2v3

Gwyth

03-04-2013

I've always been kind of amused at this idea that you should just "get this" "do this" before you even know if you're dealing with a Tryndamere. It's sort of like saying "Get ignite when you're up against Mundo!" Well, what if I don't know I'm up against Mundo? And not all fights are team fights. What if your abilities aren't where you need them? What if he's got Kayle's invulnerability on him before he even uses his ability?

I understand the sentiment of "There are options" but with a blind pick, it's really not as easy as "do this!" Demacry's logic of "Plan for a long stun" is good, but again, should people have to play characters they don't even like to deal with the possibility of MAYBE seeing a Tryn? Kinda messed up to have to put so much effort into maybe dealing with Tryndamere's broken set in 3's.

Always MIA

03-06-2013

Blind pick is a risky but harmless game. Sometimes you get lucky other times, not so much.

Back to OP's topic. Thornmail is just one option going against Tryndamere...there are others.

Weekwe

03-06-2013

lol play jarvan he rapes trydamere if you can't kill a trydamere as a fun chmapion like jarvan just quit the game because you will never be good

Bananoid

03-06-2013

Tryndamere doesn't care if you build thornmail

Demacry

03-06-2013

Quote:
Weekwe:
lol play jarvan he rapes trydamere if you can't kill a trydamere as a fun chmapion like jarvan just quit the game because you will never be good

Lol way to be a jerk. You're jarvan isn't even that good. We all know it was those nidalee spears that won the game :P

ZenithZephyr

03-06-2013

Randuin's has always been a better counter to Tryn than thornmail. Why? Thornmail deals damage. Tryn's ult makes damage irrelevant, and he's at his strongest at 1 HP. Also, armor pen greatly reduces the effectiveness of Thornmail, but not the AS and Speed slow from Randuin's.

Quote:
RedSerpent:
Get 2 exhausts, now the game is a 2v3

Whoa! A time traveller! Welcome to the future. Let me update you on a few things. In your time period, Improved Exhaust (Cripple mastery) made Exhaust a 3.5 second 100% blind + slow. That's 350% total AA reduction over it's duration, and 3.5 seconds of slow. Here in the future (which we call the present), Exhaust is a 2.5 second 30% damage reduction and 50% as slow. That works out to a 65% total reduction in AA damage per second, or a total AA damage reduction of 162.5% over it's duration and a 2.5 second slow. It's not the AA nullifier it once was.

BTW, using two summoner spells to negate one champion isn't exactly a fair situation. What if you get double exhausted by their team as well? I don't know many AD champs that thrive while double exhausted. It's not specific to Tryndamere.