Female Champion Bios

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaxoo

03-04-2013

When you read the bio of a male champion, you can hear all about his exploits and heroic deeds, and sometimes you get to hear about his childhood.

When you read a female champion bio, You almost always see the words, "When she was young..."

Has anyone noticed that? I assume it's because for Riot, females are not naturally champions and have to have something happen in their childhood to motivate them to become champions.

Or maybe I'm way off and it's just a silly thing that happens that is in no way intended to be sexist.

Love, Gaxoo

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Ashe, Anivia, Eve, Fiora, Leblanc, and Riven?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-04-2013

Cass, irelia (she's still young), annie, ezreal, Vi, sona(they were explaining where she came from and why she's strange), katarina, lulu(ultimately she joined to teach the world about the color purple)

As for the female carries, I believe all of them are based off batman or some other classic hero. All of them I can think of have dead fathers xD

Basil Ali

03-04-2013

*cough* Quinn

Zaleya

03-06-2013

I think the main reason behind this is not because riot is sexist or anything, it's just that females are not so hotheaded. Males tend to have a desire a to prove themselves, a desire for glory, a strong bloodlust. While females tend to be more sensible and are much more rational, thus they are usually motivated by something that leads them to fight. Not all, mind you. Some females have just as strong of bloodlust as males. But biologically, that's just how it is. Females need a reason. Males are just brutes.

I don't find it to be sexist at all, it's just that most male champions probably have similar pasts (fought alot, longed to lead, excelled in X thing/wanted vengeance). This is why most wars are started by men, and most tyrannts were men. Women spend a lot more time rationalizing their decision and thinking things through. (Not to be sexist to men either. Biologically this is what was needed to thrive. I.E. men must go out, work, get food, provide while women must create, tend to delicate things that require patience -like babies- and spend more time focused on themselves then the world around them)

Invictrix

03-07-2013

Whats the deal with Nami and Syndra. It doesn't really say why Syndra joined the league just that she got pissed at her teacher and killed him Jean Grey style.

And I get that Nami is trying to find someone to give the magic pearl to, but what does that have to do with the league of legends and isn't she kind of in a hurry to get her quest done due to the whole sea creatures gonna attack her people thing?

Also wouldn't Fizz and Nami know about each other's races? I mean I realize the ocean is a big place, but unless they were separated by a body of land you would think two sentient aquatic races would run into each other?

Finally I miss the old Warwick and Soraka lore. I mean it made more sense Soraka cursed Warwick to be what he is due to the horrible biological weapons he made for Zaun that is a pretty good story. He joined the league, because he couldn't very well keep making chemical weapons for Noxus in his new form and he was pretty much the greatest biological weapon they had anyway. Now the story is that Warwick needs to eat her heart in order to avoid turning into a complete beast.

How exactly does joining the league help him do that? I mean it would make more sense for him to just kidnap her and eat her heart rather than doing a bunch of league battles that don't get him any closer to what he needs to do? Is it supposed to explain why Warwick seems to keep getting worse and worse as a champion?

Anyway I think Riot has a good setting with Runeterra and they make good characters, but their motivations for joining the league have been pretty sketchy since they stopped doing the league judgements.

I miss those.

KazaLyn Shao

03-07-2013

Don't worry, the void creature bios are just as stale. They all start with, "Came to Runeterra to eat everything" and end with, "Continued eating until he got to the halls of justice." The void must be an exciting place... to eat.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazaLyn Shao View Post
Don't worry, the void creature bios are just as stale. They all start with, "Came to Runeterra to eat everything" and end with, "Continued eating until he got to the halls of justice." The void must be an exciting place... to eat.
OMnomnomnomnomnomnom

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-07-2013

lol whyd I get downvoted?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaleya View Post
I think the main reason behind this is not because riot is sexist or anything, it's just that females are not so hotheaded. Males tend to have a desire a to prove themselves, a desire for glory, a strong bloodlust. While females tend to be more sensible and are much more rational, thus they are usually motivated by something that leads them to fight. Not all, mind you. Some females have just as strong of bloodlust as males. But biologically, that's just how it is. Females need a reason. Males are just brutes.

I don't find it to be sexist at all, it's just that most male champions probably have similar pasts (fought alot, longed to lead, excelled in X thing/wanted vengeance). This is why most wars are started by men, and most tyrannts were men. Women spend a lot more time rationalizing their decision and thinking things through. (Not to be sexist to men either. Biologically this is what was needed to thrive. I.E. men must go out, work, get food, provide while women must create, tend to delicate things that require patience -like babies- and spend more time focused on themselves then the world around them)
how did I get downvoted and this didnt lol