how prevalent are smurf accounts...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echo5kw

03-03-2013

honestly? to all those higher up players there...how often do you create a smurf account and go be a dbag to lower levels?

mendeleyev

03-04-2013

I have one, I use it to learn new champs on the freeweek.

In doing so, I can tell you that I run into smurfs usually once every other game.

DrAliciaDestiny

03-04-2013

It's not really that fun, when you win a few games in a row you get paired up with some really tough people because of your normal elo... I've had some games where the people were even harder than the games in my ranked... and that was playing at level 7 lol. Never smurfing again!

chase2426

03-04-2013

I can tell you I personally have two smurf accounts. Each one was created when I got a friend to start playing LoL and I wanted to play games with them as they level up.

Though in that time I went up against quite a few Smurfs. The plain fact is the smurfs usually get put up into higher tiers early because of how often they win.

If you are good enough to go against them then you will continue to face lots of smurf accounts if not you will lose a few games and go up against your own skill level. Until you win a bunch of games in a row.
Don't worry the system works itself out pretty well.

Eloquid

03-04-2013

This prevalent.