I think it's time for the global Healing/Regen Debuff to go

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

03-03-2013

I have played a few games recently as Volibear, Garen and Mundo. While the games were still enjoyable, I couldn't shake the fact that I was at a bit of a disadvantage to the other players, simply because I lost a portion from what makes my champ, my champ.

While Garen's passive may not be as relevent to his play in Dominion, Volibear and Mundo's is. These are champions who are designed, and balanced with these healing/regen figures in mind, and when they are reduced, their overall value compared to other champions does as well.

I am assuming that the healing debuff was introduced to counter the incredibly powerful Gunblade stacking that we found with Jax and Akali, however these 2 strategies have since been nerfed to the point that Jax and Akali won't always build them.

I also believe that without the debuff, players will be encouraged to play champs like Sona, Soraka and Taric in a supporting role.

SirLucious LftFt

03-03-2013

i agree its really as simple as, some people's heals are more important to their kit then others. Nerf nids heal, whatever shes still boss its such a small part.

i cant think of a champion that from abilities would become OP besides mabey garen. voli would move from a solid pik to possibly a strong one. Soraka would become more annoying bot thats for sure.

The thing i would be most scared about is giving ceratin people more lifesteal, mabey make the buff only lifesteal/spellvamp?

mabey im missing somthing tho idk, mabey stacking people with self heals would be too good? idk seems like an old mechanic from theorycrafting the heals would be too op back in the day, they already took off the heals to ally part.

Genericke

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubertt View Post
i agree its really as simple as some people's heals are more important to their kit in then others. Nerf nids heal, whatever shes still boss its such a small part.

i cant think of a champion that from abilities would become OP besides mabey garen. voli would move from a solid pik to possibly a strong one. Soraka would become more annoying bot thats for sure.

The thing i would be most scared about is giving ceratin people more lifesteal, mabey make the buff only lifesteal/spellvamp?

mabey im missing somthing tho idk, mabey stacking people with self heals would be too good? idk seems like an old mechanic from theorycrafting the heals would be too op back in the day, they already took off the heals to ally part.
Nunu and Yorick bot would become even more insane.

Warwick also would've been much more problematic than what he used to be.

SirLucious LftFt

03-03-2013

good call. yorick would probably be manageable, but nunu would definatly be super duper anoying. I really havnt seen a warwick do well in so long i wouldnt be too worried about him, but thats just cuz i literally havnt seen a good one in months. I'd imagine he would become a strong pick, but idk about OP.

FDru

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
Nunu and Yorick bot would become even more insane.

Warwick also would've been much more problematic than what he used to be.
Warwick got multiple sustain nerfs since Dominion launched, and Yorick got a small one. Warwick is even more counterable now than he was pre-nerf since resists are/were his strongpoint. Warwick is in such a bad spot right now that he probably still wouldn't be a strong pick if they removed the aura.

Yorick would still be stupid, but this has a lot more to do with the lack of counterplay available against his kit. He has sustain, magic damage, physical damage, low mana costs, a ranged AOE slow, minions that block skillshots, a ridiculously strong tank passive and a resurrect. He can get away with anything and his sustain is really only a small part of it.

Pretty sure Nunu could be ignited 100% of the match and still hold bot.