Nexus Line Wars (mini-game idea)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodyDiarreah

03-03-2013

This idea is inspired by the arcade game "Colonial Line Wars" which can be found on the Starcraft 2 battle.net section.

The game consists of two teams of 4. Each player controls an invulnerable summoner which build structures that spawn units. Each building periodically spawns a unit which travels horizontally to the enemy team's base. Units will only stop when coming in contact with an enemy unit. Each player receives gold both every second and when your spawned units kill enemy units.

Each unit except for a few basic starting units must be unlocked via purchase from the vendor . All are divided into tiers. The better the unit; the more expensive they are to both unlock and build, and they are placed into higher tiers. As said before, players gain additional gold by killing enemy units. The gold received by killing units is determined by multiple factors which are: their tier, their rank in their tier, if a player has invested in a lane, and if the game has reached the 25 minute mark.

Tiers work in this way. Every player starts off with the basic tier, which allows players to build the basic minions. Then, when it is appropriate, may upgrade to tier 1. Once tier 1 has been purchased, players may research tier 1 units which are more powerful than the basic tier units. Each tier after the basic tier makes use of champions instead of minions. Each champion is divided up into types which also constitutes as their rank. You cannot upgrade to a tier if you haven't bought the previous tier and purchased at least one unit in that tier.

The types are: Tank, Support, Fighter, Miscellaneous, AD carry, AP carry, and Assassins. Tanks being the lowest rank meaning they have less value, and Assassins being the highest rank meaning they have to most value; in their tier.

Tanks absorb damage and have the most cc effects.
Supports buff and sustain ally units. (Note that some units of other types have supportive spells)
Fighters can soak quite a bit of damage while dishing out a large amount of damage.
Miscellaneous units are considered this because they have attributes which disqualify them from other types. This will be further explained when I place champions in this category.
AD carries deal the most auto attack damage but are squishy.
AP carries deal the most spell damage but are squishy.
Assassins can go invisible and deal a combination of spell and auto attack damage.

Every tier has two champions for each type except for the misc. type which can vary for each tier.

When you invest into your lane, you gain extra gold for killing enemy units. However, enemy players will gain a percentage of the bonus gold when they kill your units.

There are two lanes, a top and bottom lane. As a general rule, each team is supposed to have two players in each lane. When an enemy unit dies, the players who had units attacking said unit will receive 100% of it's value when it dies. For clarification, this is similar to when your team secures Baron, Dragon or destroys a tower and you receive gold for that objective's destruction. However, you will only receive the gold in this game if one of your units attacked the dead enemy unit

The ultimate goal is to push through and overwhelm enemy units, destroy their spawn buildings, and destroy the Nexus.

Any questions? Ask me as a reply.

UNITS ARE UNCONTROLLABLE

Later, I will divide units into the tiers and quantify the value for each unit, but as of right now I just want to see how people will react to this idea. I understand that this may be mechanically impossible on the game's engine, but I wanted to put this idea out there because I want there to be a noncompetitive aspect of the game.

Also skins you have for champions will work in this game mode.

BloodyDiarreah

03-04-2013

bump

BloodyDiarreah

03-06-2013

bump

laststanding6

03-06-2013

seems interesting. Is it possible for you to give an illustration?

nzlotniik

08-03-2013

please make that game mode