Please , you're NOT a support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ROKAF JE

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
ROKAF JE, can you add me on your main btw? Adding Logical. Too much thoughtful contribution from y'all across many a thread; this is the last straw!

Should we be afraid?

@OP
Sorry for the hijacked thread. When I first started supporting I had no idea what to do. I'd play AP Sona, cs a little bit and get kills constantly. 40% CDR with an Archangels.. Endless heals! Nobody knew how to counter it back then, and I'm pretty sure I didn't even know what a ward was.
Heh.

Robotiny

03-04-2013

Just wanted to point out the starting items I've seen most common from pros for supports:

Farie Charm, 1 Vision ward, 2 sight wards, 2 health pots.

usually they rush either philo or sight stone depending on how well the lane is doing.

After that its up to you. Aura items are great but it just depends on the support and ADC. I've rushed bulwark, shurelya's, mikel's, ruby SS, even frozen heart.

Find out what your team needs and rush it. There is no set build but like others have said, warding should be done by everyone but if not then step up and do it yourself.

Also a point to note is out of 8 pro games I watched, 7 of the supports ran boots of mobility. Interesting eh?

Manaburn

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotiny View Post
Just wanted to point out the starting items I've seen most common from pros for supports:

usually they rush either philo or sight stone depending on how well the lane is doing.

After that its up to you. Aura items are great but it just depends on the support and ADC. I've rushed bulwark, shurelya's, mikel's, ruby SS, even frozen heart.

Find out what your team needs and rush it. There is no set build but like others have said, warding should be done by everyone but if not then step up and do it yourself.

Also a point to note is out of 8 pro games I watched, 7 of the supports ran boots of mobility. Interesting eh?
I've always ran boots of mobility on my nunu support.

Erad17

03-04-2013

I feel that nidalee is a viable support as long as they buy wards.

gr8job

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotiny View Post

Sounds like I'm secretly a pro then, because that's exactly what I do. Or if I feel like their jungler has an advantage over ours, or if there's an enemy Blitz that we need to keep sight on, I'll just skip the pink and go for all greens. Boots of Mobility are my favorite boots for a support!! On Lulu, in conjuction with her W, they make warding and counterwarding safe and easy.