Please , you're NOT a support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

On the Prowl

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnjf View Post
This has been said but: Support is there to keep adc fed which is done by zoning/poking/bruising w/e the hell out of the enemy team. Support is not always required to by aura items, is not always the only warder on the team. Sure those things help, but everyone buys wards, especially jungler. If you don't buy wards as a jungler you don't belong doing that role. I'm really starting to love the lantern that gives a ward because it makes it easier especially for later game big objective coverage (baron) when I need it.

I love(d) playing Nid as support with gp10 runes + a gp 10 item or two. I always ward like hell, but that poke early against certain matchups can really help you zone the hell out of the enemy. The traps help a bunch too, especially if a ward goes out early.
I run a similar setup with support nidalee , a mix of armor yellows / gp10 with gp10 quints and ap blues and mpen reds , with offensive / utility (more gp10) masteries.

I find this to be quite effective especially if our team is ad heavy , we then have a fairly significant damage source mid/late game, while being able to have presence in lane (which is what its all about)

From time to time the enemy support might get solo'd by a random spear or who knows even their adc because I work on zoning while my adc gets farm and if my spear happens to kill caitlyn behind her tower while graves is at our tower farming well then its just an extra buck in my pocket.

Every strategy can be played against , won or lost. There are counters and strategies countered by each other and the combinations are endless. Hell yesterday I got my ass handed to me by renekton mid because ANY champion can play in ANY lane.

Reuben1127

03-04-2013

I'm so tired of going support and being the only one buying wards, or have a adc that sucks and feeds. How about that one...? People expect support to be the only one buying wards in every game. Support champs need help with purchasing wards, etc. as well. They get 0 cc yet be expected to buy a million wards.

I personally buy a few wards until I purchase a sightstone. After that, the team should also assist in warding so that the "support" can also build items and not get focused down and killed in a second.

Also, if you're tired of having a support not supporting I suggest you being the support. How about that?

Also, there is nothing wrong with support champs buying ap items.. Champs like Lux do better with defensive/ap items with strong shields.

There are a few different kinds of supports.. Tank-support passive-support aggressive-support passive/aggressive support team fight-support 2v1-support and poke-support.

All support should buy at least 1 aura for team fights and all support should buy wards... but they shouldnt be the only ones buying them -- js.

Jesustim

03-04-2013

A lot of the opinions here are flat out wrong, let's address those immediately.

1) a bruiser/ APC support will out pace a traditional support past the 20-25 minute mark when played properly. This is because while the traditional support will scale far better off levels, past 20-25 minutes is where you start to see a larger influx of global gold and team fighting where the extra APC or bruiser will shine.

2) A well played traditional support should be able to bully a kill lane with good counter play (well placed stuns and aggressive poke)

3) support lux going full AP is just find if she can land her binds. Nidalee is a decent support because she has a heal and long range poke. they're non-traditional choices that require you, the ADC, to adapt your play style.

Reathien

03-04-2013

I just play thresh and carry every team fight that ever occurs by keeping the enemy adc in the middle of the fight.

Also Sightstone is a noob trap.

WotansVolk

03-04-2013

Originally Posted by WotansVolk
I know how you feel stupid soraka support. The last time i laned with soraka she did nothing i owned it so hard it was like I never ran out of health or mana I just pwned the noobs i was fighting cuz of my skills all soraka did was hide in the bush!!!!!!!

Then we start team fighting and me and my team owned them so hard it was like we had some kind of aura protecting us or something and all that soraka built was some sort of shield looking thingie she dident even get in the fight just stood in the back ready to run.

Man id much rather have some ap champ as my support anytime I mean we can split the farm( I never get them all anyways) then we will be twice as strong and own the other team who thinks you need a "actual support"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDaddyKane View Post
You OBV dont understand this game
You OBV dont understand sarcasm.

LogicalTautology

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reathien View Post
Also Sightstone is a noob trap.
Obvious troll is obvious.

Assuming you are serious, you are very wrong. Over 8G/10, pays for itself in less than 7 minutes.

Vieryn

03-04-2013

I think a true support might be one of the hardest roles to perfect. I've had people claim they were playing support and farm my lane...so that's an interesting take on it...
But I have noticed that the people who are good at support are REALLY good....Like flawless, and they usually don't opt for ap builds. I'm sure it can be done but i have yet to see it.

Dotayy

03-04-2013

Tell them to get ruby crystal first and build sightstone.
Play safe for the first 5 minutes and have wards for the rest of the game
If you get sightstone early. it saves you more gold than phil stone gives you.

LogicalTautology

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotayy View Post
Tell them to get ruby crystal first and build sightstone.
Play safe for the first 5 minutes and have wards for the rest of the game
If you get sightstone early. it saves you more gold than phil stone gives you.
That also doesn't work. Lane is lost for good if Support doesn't have at least 2 Wards lvl1.

gr8job

03-04-2013

I agree. I played a game earlier with a Lux "support" who had clarity and teleport. She kept using her abilities to CS and push the lane. She started out Doran's so I was in charge of warding the lane. Since she was bursting all the minions and pushing them to tower, I wasn't even able to get enough gold to support buying all these wards (since no one else on the team was buying them either), and everyone was getting ganked left and right. I wasn't raging, but I was asking Lux if she was intending to play support and if she could pick up a couple wards and let me farm a little. Of course, she didn't communicate at all. She autolocked and called support from the getgo. This is exactly why I prefer to play support myself.