Please , you're NOT a support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

420 LOL 69

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiler7 View Post
I honestly think that I'd rather have an APC support then someone who is going to just straight out only build items to support me. It's nice if they buy an item here or there but Lux/Nid/Veigar do all really have something to offer the ADC with Lux's stuns and ult, Nid's traps in bushes and heal, then Veigars super stun all can help secure kills for bot lane and lead to you winning your lane. Especially late game having all of these players on your team will help ftw. This is just my opinion however and much better then just some Soraka who is going to waste all of there money on mana pots and sight wards then they get ganked with no benefitial items leading to feeding the enemy team.
Noooooo. The problem with that is that an APC support doesn't have the money to ward the map effectively. Vision wins games.

And supports can carry a lot harder than you think. I play Nami support all the time. If you sit back, wait for a teamfight to start, and then ult, drop your q on 3-5 of their entire team, you've just effectively stunned almost their entire team during a teamfight for like 3-4 seconds. During that period of time, your team will melt them. It doesn't matter how much damage their support does if she is cc'd for 2 seconds. After that you cast your e on you ad carry so that whoever they attack is slowed, you shurlaya's so that your entire team runs faster, and cast a blizzard with the passive support item that makes anybody near your tank get slowed.

Ace. Sure, there are people with damage that contributed to the fight, but the utility that I put out is what set up the win for that fight.

Everybody is all like "league of cleavers" or "league of warmogs" or "league of this" but really, it's "league of cc".

And you can't tell me that you haven't played a game before where a blitzcrank basically ran the game.

The Blacklisted

03-04-2013

im in bronze b/c of a hard learned lesson, i used to be a stubborn top or jungle player but i main support now b/c i found that in my ranked games bottom lane is usually the determining factor for a good or bad game, if i taric or soraka support at bot i have a much higher win chance b/c i actually ward and know how to not take cs and ks

Taarki

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotansVolk View Post
I know how you feel stupid soraka support. The last time i laned with soraka she did nothing i owned it so hard it was like I never ran out of health or mana I just pwned the noobs i was fighting cuz of my skills all soraka did was hide in the bush!!!!!!!

Then we start team fighting and me and my team owned them so hard it was like we had some kind of aura protecting us or something and all that soraka built was some sort of shield looking thingie she dident even get in the fight just stood in the back ready to run.

Man id much rather have some ap champ as my support anytime I mean we can split the farm( I never get them all anyways) then we will be twice as strong and own the other team who thinks you need a "actual support"
Lux and Nid are "actual supports" even if they dont build these "support items" becuase of luxs stun and slow, because of nids huge poke and traps to provide sight and the heal. THIS is what makes a support, not the items you buy. Other wise you could go somone like vayne support and buy all these auras and it would be perfectly fine.

hellboiz

03-04-2013

"If your support isn't buying wards, then you should buy some yourself.

If they're building some damage, you can sacrifice some of your own to make up for their lack of ward coverage."

I agree with this, but personally if you have a Lux "support" not all of them say they are going support, I play lux quite often (yes I know I can't do ranked but I play private match's with my buddies who do." and a strait AP lux is way better then a support lux. I say this because not only are her stuns and slows damaging more, but so does her shield. and that ulti can save your life more then a few support items. Wouldn't you rather have all the damage you can while trying to burn down an enemy then take the time to solo, and give the enemy more time to gank?

On the Prowl

03-04-2013

I have been spectating high elo games on the main page and they basically play whatever they want . I have seen double bruiser bot lane , i've seen the iconic blitz ali , I have seen (successful and unsuccessful) leblanc supports.

Really , any strategy has the potential to win or lose depending on opponents strategies etc.

Potentially with the appropriate runes and masteries (and I know because I HAVE done this before) it is possible to reach a FULL 5 item ap caster build WITH a sightstone and very little farm by endgame base on assists and kill-secures as a support nidalee or lux.

A strategy can be based on what you think you can do to outplay your opponents and can be as little as experience runes and masteries so that you hit 6 faster and can all in.

~

All in all league of legends is highly customizable and I believe that everyone is too accustomed to the 'meta' , but we are seeing more and more every day that you can't just confide in the cookie cutter builds because the pro teams are deviating from the meta consistently and their game is becoming more about their teams strategies.

People need to learn how to think for themselves instead of following the exact guide they found on google and learn to adapt their builds , runes , masteries , etc to the situation before them in champ select because anything is viable if utilized correctly.

/edit: and so what if your support wants to builds a certain way , if they keep stuff warded and helping you in lane thats pretty good , but even if you are the adc you should be buying wards too , and I assume you are probably one of the type to get butthurt about support snagging a kill here or there but pro supports grab kills and even take cs ALL THE TIME. If your support gets a kill you dont realize how much that actually benefits you. Can you imagine how safe your laning phase would be if your support got a sightstone on his or her first back ? That **** costs money too man , and its a heck of a lot harder for your support to come by. Each ward that YOUR support grabs for you will allow you to safely farm between 7-12 creep waves.

vHopev

03-04-2013

Finally someone with reason speaks up! I'm with you all the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Orianna View Post
I have been spectating high elo games on the main page and they basically play whatever they want . I have seen double bruiser bot lane , i've seen the iconic blitz ali , I have seen (successful and unsuccessful) leblanc supports.

Really , any strategy has the potential to win or lose depending on opponents strategies etc.

Potentially with the appropriate runes and masteries (and I know because I HAVE done this before) it is possible to reach a FULL 5 item ap caster build WITH a sightstone and very little farm by endgame base on assists and kill-secures as a support nidalee or lux.

A strategy can be based on what you think you can do to outplay your opponents and can be as little as experience runes and masteries so that you hit 6 faster and can all in.

~

All in all league of legends is highly customizable and I believe that everyone is too accustomed to the 'meta' , but we are seeing more and more every day that you can't just confide in the cookie cutter builds because the pro teams are deviating from the meta consistently and their game is becoming more about their teams strategies.

People need to learn how to think for themselves instead of following the exact guide they found on google and learn to adapt their builds , runes , masteries , etc to the situation before them in champ select because anything is viable if utilized correctly.

/edit: and so what if your support wants to builds a certain way , if they keep stuff warded and helping you in lane thats pretty good , but even if you are the adc you should be buying wards too , and I assume you are probably one of the type to get butthurt about support snagging a kill here or there but pro supports grab kills and even take cs ALL THE TIME. If your support gets a kill you dont realize how much that actually benefits you. Can you imagine how safe your laning phase would be if your support got a sightstone on his or her first back ? That **** costs money too man , and its a heck of a lot harder for your support to come by. Each ward that YOUR support grabs for you will allow you to safely farm between 7-12 creep waves.

LevanGolv

03-04-2013

On the topic of these supports, I find there are two types that pick weird supports. There are the "supports" that are an insult to the role who leave spawn with a doran's ring, and build mejais if they haven't died over three times by the 10 minute mark, because "supporting is boring, since I don't do the damagez.". And then there are people trying creative builds on champions that might weirdly synergize in your bot lane. The people running weird supports, and playing them well while building mindfully to their team comp, basically real supports in the form of champions not commonly seen in bot lane.

BDaddyKane

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotansVolk View Post
I know how you feel stupid soraka support. The last time i laned with soraka she did nothing i owned it so hard it was like I never ran out of health or mana I just pwned the noobs i was fighting cuz of my skills all soraka did was hide in the bush!!!!!!!

Then we start team fighting and me and my team owned them so hard it was like we had some kind of aura protecting us or something and all that soraka built was some sort of shield looking thingie she dident even get in the fight just stood in the back ready to run.

Man id much rather have some ap champ as my support anytime I mean we can split the farm( I never get them all anyways) then we will be twice as strong and own the other team who thinks you need a "actual support"

You OBV dont understand this game

Elsabet

03-04-2013

As long as the other player in lane is getting all of the farm and any kills you can give him, you are supporting. If you ward, you are doing what a support ought to. If you are a champ with cc, and you use it to assist your partner in getting kills, you are doing a good job, and are probably more effective than a support with no cc.

As for what you build, not every champ benefits his team most by building Shurels and Bulwark. For a number of supports, having damage-increasing items/runes/masteries can be the most effective strategy. For instance, if my Time Bombs aren't going to deal mildly significant damage early, the enemy support will be able to heal the enemy adc enough that I can't zone them. And if my Time Bombs aren't having an effect, then Zil would be a pretty crappy support, as pre-6 he would have only a haste/slow. Sounds limited.

You have to look at your champion's kit before you determine what is best to build, or how to set up runes/masteries, even as support. And by kit, I mean not just what the skills do, but their ratios. Galio's Q is a decent aoe slow. Where it really shines is its damage if you run AP runes instead of gp10. However, I think it's rarely- if ever- a good idea to focus in Offense masteries when supporting. I think that even if you have a spell that can do good damage and zone the enemy early, Defense and Utility masteries are going to keep you more relevant as the game progresses. Nunu is another example of a champ that should look for early AP- so that Ice Blast hurts more, and Consume heals more. Malphite too, for his Shard. This goes for other champions that make fine supports as well. Darius can obviously be an effective support because of how much damage he does without investing in damage. The reason he's harder to be effective with than other supports would be his short range and kiteability.

charnjf

03-04-2013

This has been said but: Support is there to keep adc fed which is done by zoning/poking/bruising w/e the hell out of the enemy team. Support is not always required to by aura items, is not always the only warder on the team. Sure those things help, but everyone buys wards, especially jungler. If you don't buy wards as a jungler you don't belong doing that role. I'm really starting to love the lantern that gives a ward because it makes it easier especially for later game big objective coverage (baron) when I need it.

I love(d) playing Nid as support with gp10 runes + a gp 10 item or two. I always ward like hell, but that poke early against certain matchups can really help you zone the hell out of the enemy. The traps help a bunch too, especially if a ward goes out early.