Shen's Dad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KupoGrounds

03-03-2013

Okay, so I get the idea Zed killed his master who was Shen's father. But here's something: why didn't Shen just shield-teleport to his father's side to prevent the old man's untimely demise. I assume Shen can use his abilities in and out of the Fields of Justice, and I assume he can teleport to his allies and/or friends this way. So.......yeah.

Melancholy Exile

03-03-2013

No map awareness.

Holydemonhero

03-04-2013

Shen's Dad isn't his master because Shen had to watch his father be tortured by his master without showing any sign of emotion to get his rank.

Correct if I'm wrong

MugenNightmare

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holydemonhero View Post
Shen's Dad isn't his master because Shen had to watch his father be tortured by his master without showing any sign of emotion to get his rank.

Correct if I'm wrong
"Only one other student appeared to be Zed's equal - the master's son, Shen."

From Zed's lore.

It's assumed Shen became the Eye of the Twilight before or after Zed was banished from the temple, but before he came back.

chase2426

03-05-2013

I agree with MugenNightmare but just to help the case.
From Shen's Lore:
"As his final trial to ascend to this position, he was made to attend the Takanu, a ceremony in which his father was tortured before his eyes to test his resolve."
It never makes mention of his master doing the torturing, only those from his order.

From Zed's lore:
"Now armed with a secret edge, he challenged Shen, and this time he defeated the master's son.... the master knew Zed had used forbidden ways, and banished him.
Humiliated, the young ninja wandered for years . His bitterness turned to ambition, and he began to train others in the style of the shadows. As his power grew, so did his circle of followers"

This also shows that Zed was banished for "years" before he even started training his army, then after that he gathered followers as he grew in power till he had an army. So he was banished for quite a while leaving plenty of time for Shen to become the eye of twilight. However Shen was present when his father was killed. See next quote.
"threw the severed head of the master at Shen's feet" So Shen was there and helped some of his order escape afterward.

TLDR: I agree with MugenNightmare here are some quotes to further back him up

Melancholy Exile

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenNightmare View Post
It's assumed Shen became the Eye of the Twilight before or after Zed was banished from the temple, but before he came back.
The AMA a while back told us that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Shen truly became the Eye of Twilight the day Zed killed his father. Before that, he was on the path, but he hadn't fully embraced what he knew he was meant to become.