Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Seriously impossible to rank up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Outlaw466

03-03-2013

I don't mean this to be a QQ thread, nor am I saying I am the best player. I also know this is the 4,000th post like this.

But has anyone even leveled up in this ranking system? this is the 4th time I've worked my way up to 98 points just to have one person on my team to completely ruin the game. No I would not be upset if he was just having a bad game or just got counter picked. But when someone calls a lane, picks a champion that won't benefit the team and then just completely feeds and starts trash talking other players.

I keep my mouth shut during games, and use pings to indicate where and what I am doing. I honestly don't think I will ever be able to get out of this bronze division... Please look up my lolking and tell me what I can do to improve myself.

Yoh Asakura

Recruiter

03-03-2013

Currently Hybrid Penetration marks have been recognized as the most useful marks for mages due to the fact you keep 75% of your magic pen for a trade off of 8 armor pen. All champions use autoattacks so you're going to do physical damage whether you like it or not.

As far as itemization goes unless I watched personally I couldn't say if your build order is correct or not. But I have heard that RoA is a bad pick for a lot of champions lately.

Also one of your rune pages is down right suicidal. AP scaling per level gives you almost no benefit early game. You still need armor for mid, regardless of popular belief the minions alone would eat you alive. Literally you would take like 200 damage if you tried to autoattack the enemy champion in the wrong position. If the jungler is AD and comes(which he will) you will instantly be slain by that as well, forget red buff Ahri's base armor is what? 14.5. Even if you had the armor mastry people tend to have ARP going in so you're looking at anywhere from 5 to 0 armor against the jungler.

Finding a partner may not even help if neither of you can carry out of the added MM difficulty that comes with duo queuing. In the end you may just need to practice and experiment read more guides and figure out why you're there. This cannot be 100% other peoples faults contrary to belief you can pull yourself out of low elo hell.

Outlaw466

03-03-2013

I have thought about getting hybrid marks but they never seen to turn me on, guess it couldn't hurt.

Itemization if I am playing vs a heavy damage team I like to rush RoA and rylal's for the beefyness. It does hurt I don't have the damage right away but makes up for it by staying alive longer. Otherwise if I get a couple kills early I like to rush 2x dorans and snowball.

Rune pages I personally like, I play super passive when I do any kind of carry. first 10 mins is about pure farm for me and just waiting for my opponent to make a mistake and engage on that mistake. I try to not pass the "Point of no return" (the walls before the river) If I do happen to push over it I normally do wraiths or go gank other lanes while I wait for it to be pushed again.

I have no idea what I can possibly do with the teammates I am givin... and trust me I know it could very easyily happen to the other team as it does for me. But to determine my solo que elo is a goal for me. I cannot know how good I am when it's based off your team mates.

Like I said I do not bite peoples heads off, I understand there is some bad games. But when your top lanes goes 0-7 and starts cussing out teammates and then the game just snowballs from there you just have to facepalm and try your best.

Yoh Asakura

Recruiter

03-03-2013

I understand 100%, but it's very easy for people to shift blame to others everyone is guilty of this even me. You should probably download league recorder review the games you've played and look to see if you can improve your own play.

Outlaw466

03-03-2013

Yeah no doubt, What do you use? fraps?

DavidFett

03-03-2013

Quote:
Outlaw466:
I also know this is the 4,000th post like this..

So don't post it.

James T Kirk

03-03-2013

Quote:
DavidJamesFett:
So don't post it.

Yes, because asking for tips on improving your game is illegal. [/sarcasm]
===============================================================
Honestly, all I can say is master the mechanics and you master the game.
I know personally I don't have a amazing K/D/A or steller builds, but even with the terrible teams, I do what I can to make people work together. (being bilingual might help with that.) and go from there.

Might Edit with what little wisdom I have shortly, but currently stuck in the loading screen waiting on a teemo...Cheerio.

Yoh Asakura

Recruiter

03-04-2013

Google league replays for the recorder. I personally use livestream to record but my quality is like the pixel ******** of the world.

ScrooLewse

04-17-2013

Seriously, the best thing you can do is make a new account, level to 30, and pray you place out of Bronze.

You won't level up out of Bronze - it's not possible. I know exactly what you mean you win a few you feel great. Then it's all just downhill feeders / trolls.

p.s. necro.

Negropotence

04-17-2013

Leveling out of silver is pretty much just as hard, so don't get your hopes up. Even when I give someone good advice of how to do something good for the team, they turn it down, ruin the game, and then even find time to insult you or blame someone else on the team.
I'm fine with losing an actual even game where like, ok they outplayed us a couple times and they were able to use that advantage. But seriously most of the time it's just which team has the most amount of people that actually know how to play.