Darius nerf was too harsh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EVOsentient

03-03-2013

I LOVE daruis and i still do. I find that the nerf was out of respect for the whole community. The way I see it, daruis has one job (like most tops) Kill the adc, or protect your's. You only need one well times daruis ult for that, AND it stops you from taking unessary kills from the carries (don't tell me you don't, its hard to stop the urge of presing that R near a low health tristana). BUT now I find without the ult he doesn't have as much damage output for longer fights. It's true, daruis did NOT need that nerf. But, it does balance the scales a bit for both teams.

thebloody7

03-04-2013

I hate the fact that ur not longer rewarded for execute someone....

Thief of Space

03-04-2013

It still refreshes after you kill a target even within the 12 seconds recast of the ultimate. Barely does anything if its a 5v5 teamfight and he goes on a ks spree and gets a penta.

Keitterman

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebloody7 View Post
I hate the fact that ur not longer rewarded for execute someone....
What kind of reward would you like? like maybe you could cast it again? That would be amazing!... oh yeah...

Honestly guys, I've never been a Darius hater, but once someone at Riot threw out this idea, I'm sure all of them were lie "? duh, why didn't we think of that before?!"

Now dropping Vi's base damage? that guys should be fired!

henrythai

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizan View Post
The reward for executing in lane is that you executed them in the lane. You got a kill. Yay. Kills are good.

Darius' laning kit is not so bad that he needs that ult perpetually looming over the lane.
Obviously, some of the community now feels Darius is kind of weak. The fact that he builds mainly tank means his ult is his main damage output (for the most part, more or less). I mean, why would Riot implement this ridiculous ult during his initial release? The concept of true damage ult refreshing has defined Darius, IMO.

I believe my suggestions compromise all the complaints people have. The ult is still there, but the damage is scaled back a bit

Rhombus45

03-04-2013

Quote:
because if he execute someone and doesn't refresh it again he's going to be useless
O you mean he is going to have to actually think about when to use his ULT just like every other player out there instead of just spamming it?!? Those evil people. How dare they make people think when to use an ULT....

AEONNN

03-05-2013

darius never needed a nerf he needed a buff, Thinking about when to use ur ulti? really his ulti was really
only good because of the cool down timer thingy!

SeiYouSiLa

03-05-2013

I don't think Darius should be able to demolish the enemy team entirely, his ult deals tons of damage and as a tanky bruiser he should be tanking and ONLY take out priority target and not ALL targets. Besides, if the only reason you play Darius is because of his ult refresh then that just make you a faceroller and once that face roll ability is gone you're left with nothing

Foxbyte

03-05-2013

Quote:
because if he execute someone and doesn't refresh it again he's going to be useless
"Going to be"? So what, are you another of those people who complains about nerfs before you even try the champion out again?

Good Sir Troll

03-05-2013

If only ppl would be able to engage brain before putting mouth into gear when they whine.....

Darius's nerf was minimal, but it what killed the fact he was dangerous... now it's more like if you gank darius , the jungle player that ganked has 12 sec to kill him.

I could write a bunche of reason why darius is not a good champ to use, what to do to kill him off.... but ppl would be going " nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf " even if the whole gaming community would know how to defeat him.

he is not the only one with Damage over time skill.... Teemo's poison + liandry's torment + ignite does more damage. Draven does the same on crits, Cassiopias poison hurts even more. Twitchs does true damage on damage up to six stack and if built hybrid can nuke you on a redunculus range.

in my opion hemmorage is the least of my worries. so many picks are good vs him. and to players who keep pressing the nerf button cuz you are only able to play 3 champs please ... oh please.... stop whinning about every champs that kills you.

They all have counters, you just need to know them. Also learn to build.... how many times did i have issue fighting a other champs that started with a Doran's shield or cloth armor + 5 health pots.... the guy has more armor and more sustain possibility then darius when he starts with boots + 3 pots.

how many time was i denied farming by singed ? poke to oblivion by jarvan, nasus or some other range champs? how many time was i spined to win on then ulted the same why i ult ppl ? or slowed t'ill tommorow and finished because darius has no escape mechanic other then flash.

Players should just grow up and try multiple times , different strat before comming and going omg plz nerf X op champs cuz my only main champs can't do nothing vs him or again, ermager he took my whole team out.

.... yeah that was my two cent on what i see, observe, and test. Players refuse to try new thing and prefer nerfing champs they have a hard time to play agains instead of trying to become better and overcome these said champs.